Far Cry 4 details to emerge soon

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
I enjoyed Far Cry 1, Far Cry 2 o.k. and haven't played FC3...story line did not appeal. I wish they would continue the story from FC1...to me, the story was never finished.

Wife of Runz

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I liked FC3 a lot, but it got repetitive. If they gave a bit more variety to the side missions, hunting, and collectible stuff it'd be a whole lot better. Right now I've pretty much maxed out all of my hunting goodies so now I feel kind of bored going through the missions. I shouldn't have been able to do that so quickly.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I would like to see Ubi take their resources and go back to Africa with the next one.

FarCry2 lacked the smooth FPS mechanics and graphical advancements of FC3, but it had MUCH better AI behaviors, more lifelike NPC's, a more intelligent, likeable lead character, and a far more interesting / mature story.

If they could take that environment and bring it up to date with their current resources, I think it would be a fantastic game.

Oh yeah, and get rid of all the junk from FC3 and go back to FC2's no HUD, no crosshairs, no "Atta Boy!" adolescent back pats, more immersive approach.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I would like to see Ubi take their resources and go back to Africa with the next one.

FarCry2 lacked the smooth FPS mechanics and graphical advancements of FC3, but it had MUCH better AI behaviors, more lifelike NPC's, a more intelligent, likeable lead character, and a far more interesting / mature story.

If they could take that environment and bring it up to date with their current resources, I think it would be a fantastic game.

Oh yeah, and get rid of all the junk from FC3 and go back to FC2's no HUD, no crosshairs, no "Atta Boy!" adolescent back pats, more immersive approach.

Why do they have to go back to africa? All of the things you said were better in FC2 aren't related to the location at all.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I think the African setting would be good IF they applied the same mechanics found in FC3.

I would like them to make better AI though.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Why do they have to go back to africa? All of the things you said were better in FC2 aren't related to the location at all.

Because the African jungle is a more interesting environment than a tropical island.

Say what you want about Far Cry 2, but I think it absolutely nailed proper atmosphere and immersion. The problem is that it just wasn't a very good game. The missions were all the same and the storyline was concieved on a two-dollar coffee break budget. But man, the environment was so lush.

For FC2, it was like they developed a fantastic engine and great gunplay mechanics, but then they forgot to put an actual game around it. It feels more like a tech demo than anything.

Then with FC3 they completely threw out any notion of immersion or survival, and made it a lot more "gamey". It was still a pretty fun game, but in some ways it was polar opposite to FC2. I want to feel like I'm stranded on an island. FC3 kept reminding me that I was playing a video game.

I hope they go back to a more hardcore, minimalist, survivalist experience, forge a better storyline with better missions, and put it back in Africa. I'm not crossing my fingers though.

I want to play FC2 now.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011

Agree with Dankk here...

Because the environment was unique and interesting. What they could do now with their engine would make it far more visually stunning than what we got in FC2 as well. I would love to see a diverse African environment rendered in an advanced engine....there is SO much you could do with it.

Ubi has shown they like to throw dangerous wildlife into the mix now as well......Africa would once again be perfect for this. How would you like to see a massive well-animated elephant coming at you full-bore?

I think it would be great.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
It IS strange how they things they got so right in Far Cry 2 they didnt bring into Far Cry 3. Certain aspects of the engine were way better back then. Far Cry 3 seemed like a frankestein job.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I keep reading this as Fallout 4, then become disappointed when i see its not, then perk up a bit when i read it correctly because Far Cry is decent but would still have preferred Fallout 4.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

You will likely be able to do all that with mods. Look at FC3 (best game ever, in my opion, by the way) - there are mods where you can hide ANYthing, maps, tagging etc.etc..

And you know what the funny thing is? I actually prefer them on occasion and would not like a game without any HUD...at least I want a choice.

{bad}

Feb 1, 2012
i have played farcry 3 for about 5 hrs only, and i miss zebras.
maybe next game we see giraffe, elephants, kangaroos or pandas :D

or just bring dinosaurs from blood dragon