Far Cry 3 Trailer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
It's trying to make me log in to Youtube, but I don't feel like finding my login info.

Lazy,lazy,lazy.

Does the trailer really merit a login?

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
It's trying to make me log in to Youtube, but I don't feel like finding my login info.

Lazy,lazy,lazy.

Does the trailer really merit a login?

Heh, I might log in for a game trailer if it was a game I was anticipating.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Maybe I wasn't clear (happens often).

I know it's probably worth logging in for game trailers in general. I was sort of musing about my laziness more than anything.

In the time it took to post this I could have just looked up my login info.

OnePingOnly

Feb 27, 2008
I doubt it could ever make up for the sins of FC2; namely, one of the worst endings in gaming history.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Maybe I wasn't clear (happens often).

I know it's probably worth logging in for game trailers in general. I was sort of musing about my laziness more than anything.

In the time it took to post this I could have just looked up my login info.

Maybe I wasn't clear either :). I would log in for a game I was looking forward too, but in general... nah. If there's one thing I've gained from the Internet, it's a short attention span.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
I loved the first Far Cry. Besides the great graphics and gameplay, it had the best editor ever - blows away any Quake/Doom/UT editor ever released.

Real time terrain manipulation and deformation 'in the map', not in some third party program you had to import and then tweak. Real time vegetation placement with lighting and movement, no static object that isn't rendered until you play the map. Real time terrain painting, and a full featured auto-paint based on height/slope/whatever. And AFAIK, the first real use of physics in a meaningful way (again in real time).

The first time I connected a chain from a powerboat to a hang glider, put a driver into the boat and spawned myself in the glider - joy. It didn't work perfectly, but it did work. All done in about 5 minutes; the editor was awesome.

Far Cry 2 was just too easy; making you like a superhero instead of a mercenary. I enjoyed the super speed and being able to switch up on the fly, but even on hard it was very easy. I never had those multiple deaths where I'd replay a part and even enjoy doing that (car driving in FC1).

For the third, I'll wait for a demo. The multiplayer was never good in any Far Cry; decent, but not really good, and this new setup sounds gimmicky...

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Remember Folks..

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 had completely different developers using different engines and different stories.

This new game looks more like Far Cry 2 (as a spiritual successor) than the actual FC2. FC2 was only a far cry game by name.

Feb 6, 2007
Remember Folks..

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 had completely different developers using different engines and different stories.

This new game looks more like Far Cry 2 (as a spiritual successor) than the actual FC2. FC2 was only a far cry game by name.
Yes. Crysis was the real Far Cry 2.