Far Cry 2 PC $17.95 @ Amazon.com

cheapherk

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2000
Great deal. Nice first post . I just have no desire to get it. I didn't like the first.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: cheapherk
Great deal. Nice first post . I just have no desire to get it. I didn't like the first.

Two completely different, completely unrelated games.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Insomniator
Originally posted by: cheapherk

Two completely different, completely unrelated games.

I didn't like the first and I thought the second was worse, buggy, and repetitive after playing a friend's copy.

Eric62

Apr 17, 2008
Just finished ordering it. Found it on slick deals, then came here to post it. OP beat me to it - lol.
To get free shipping you have to order something else for $7.05 that's also eligible...

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Eric62
Just finished ordering it. Found it on slick deals, then came here to post it. OP beat me to it - lol.
To get free shipping you have to order something else for $7.05 that's also eligible...

Pure is <$10. Not sure how good that is. Seems about a 85 on metacritic.

Alternatively you can stock up on ethernet cables. 25 foot from GE is $5.24 and 10 foot belkin is $2.54 or so.

Eric62

Apr 17, 2008
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner

Pure is <$10. Not sure how good that is. Seems about a 85 on metacritic.

Alternatively you can stock up on ethernet cables. 25 foot from GE is $5.24 and 10 foot belkin is $2.54 or so.

There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't have minded buying that wasn't eligible for free shipping. I finally decided on
"The History Of Iron Maiden - Pt. 1: The Early Days (2DVD)"
Iron Maiden; DVD; $15.99
Which put me way over the minimum needed, but at least I'll enjoy it.
"Up The Irons"
:)

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008
silly me for buying FC2 at full price at launch, just a little over a month ago. oh well, I wouldn't have the time to waste on it now anyway, so I guess Ubisoft wins.

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
thanks for the heads up. There are a lot of criticisms of FC2, but I think it's worth at try at $18.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: quadomatic
Hmmmm, not really interested atm

Between college apps i need something GOOD to play

In that case allow me to steer you away from this game. Unless of course, Grand Theft Auto: Kenya sounds like a great game.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Since you found it on SD, you should have known that you could get "FREE PRIME". I did it two months ago (it was 3 months free then) and we've used the hell out of it this holiday shopping season (especially on all those $4.95 Nintendo DS games yesterday)! :D

Click me! (should be good for one month still).

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
My brother just ordered 2xGTX 280 cards and they both include it. I wouldn't mind that $4.95 copy of Pure though...

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Maximum PC gave it a 9 almost a kickass award.

I think half the idiots here and on Amazon that whine, kick and scream about how bad it is.... Well, if you got a crappy machine then you not gonna enjoy FC2.

The reason why you buy it is for the eye candy so if your computer is out dated then you better pass on this. Other then that, the game is enjoyable.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
The game is repetitive, depressing, pointless and extremely unrealistic. I wouldn't buy this game if it were $15. Nice to see it moving quickly towards the bargain bin though.

Imyourzero

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ericlp
Maximum PC gave it a 9 almost a kickass award.

I think half the idiots here and on Amazon that whine, kick and scream about how bad it is.... Well, if you got a crappy machine then you not gonna enjoy FC2.

The reason why you buy it is for the eye candy so if your computer is out dated then you better pass on this. Other then that, the game is enjoyable.

I don't know about that...considering this is a forum for PC enthusiasts, you would think that either the people complaining would be well aware of the system requirements or they would have PCs good enough to run it. I haven't really seen any complaints about the graphics yet; most tend to focus on other aspects of the game. The only thing that really bothers me is the repetition of the missions and the fact that you have to spend so much time walking or driving from one side of the map to the other (and you have to stop and engage enemies almost every time). The bus stops help, but there aren't enough of them so sometimes the closest one will still be a decent hike away.

I spent a good part of this past weekend playing it, and I was captivated at first but I'm beginning to wish that the game was more linear rather than being so open-ended because I am tired of having to go in the opposite direction every time I complete an objective. It was kinda the same way in GTA, but that game made driving way more fun than it is in FC2.

The graphics are beautiful though, and I'm able to run the game smoothly at 1920x1080 at the highest settings so rest assured my criticisms aren't due to the game running poorly. As other reviews have noted, the game doesn't look quite as good as Crysis but it seems to run better. Graphics don't make or break a game though, and to me GTA: SA (and the original Far Cry) were more fun even though FC2 has them handily beat in terms of graphics. There are aspects of the game that I like, but even though the weapon upgrades are an incentive to keep playing, I felt like I was doing the same thing after a couple of dozen missions that I was doing at the beginning of the game. Go here, kill guys. Go to opposite side of map and kill more guys, etc. All the while I am crossing the same terrain over and over rather than seeing new areas, a la Far Cry or San Andreas. But boy does that terrain look nice. :)