Far Cry 2 - Migrate it to Steam?

WobbleWobble

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I got Far Cry 2 with my video card and I hate the fact that I have to put the DVD in every time I play. I notice that Steam sells this game, is there a way to migrate the game into Steam so that I don't have bother with the DVD and have all the other conveniences of Steam?

I tried putting my CD key into Steam but it didn't recognize it :(

ericgomes

Nov 16, 2008
I know that you can click the "games" tab and import whatever programs you'd like onto the Steam program. It's on the bottom left hand corner named "Add non-steam game."

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: ericgomes
I know that you can click the "games" tab and import whatever programs you'd like onto the Steam program. It's on the bottom left hand corner named "Add non-steam game."

Does this work for every game? I bought Quake Wars and COD 4 for OS X (but have a legit CD key) and noticed that you cant add those games to the Windows-Steam client if you didn't purchase them through Steam (even though the CD keys are universal). I would assume anyone who bought these games for Windows but not on Steam would have the same results.

It would be nice if you could "convert" your games to Steam as well and maybe pay a small fee.

450R

Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: AnthroAndStargate
Originally posted by: ericgomes

Does this work for every game? I bought Quake Wars and COD 4 for OS X (but have a legit CD key) and noticed that you cant add those games to the Windows-Steam client if you didn't purchase them through Steam (even though the CD keys are universal). I would assume anyone who bought these games for Windows but not on Steam would have the same results.

It would be nice if you could "convert" your games to Steam as well and maybe pay a small fee.

No. All this does is create a shortcut to your game in Steam's games list - nothing else. Here is a list of games you can register on Steam.