for

·Romo, Tony QB DAL
·Smith, Steve WR CAR

I do have peyton in addition to romo so ive got good depth at qb

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
I wouldn't.

Davis is injured, Edge is a hit or miss RB and Fitzgerald is decent but no substitute for Smith.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
I see no purpose in that trade for you. Do you need a RB that badly? Don't do a 3 for 2, get better quality players than that.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I wouldn't even trade Romo for those 3, let alone tossing in Steve Smith. Smith by himself should get you an equal/better RB than James. If you can part with him I would wait a bit and see what else is available. Having Romo and Peyton gives you great flexibility in the case of a serious injury to another part of your roster, or the chance to upgrade significantly in another area if other players start to step it up during the next few weeks.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Do you really want to give someone smith and romo? I don't care how much the rest of their team sucks that can get them into the playoffs and beat you there. I sure as hell wouldn't risk that.

Hoard good players if you have them, don't give up either one of those QBs. BTW I bet you are starting Manning, right? You should be switching them in and out, this week I would have started Romo, although I bet they had close to the same amount of points w/Peyton up a little.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
I would say no to that trade too. If they offer up LT, then I'd take it. ;)

Dec 4, 2002
Romo is worth more then that. Veron Davis sucks, the edge is barely worth 8/9 points a game and the Cardnals passing game is ineffective right now. Even if the Cards where on fire, Fitzy is sharing touches with Boldin.

Elbryn

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
Originally posted by: seanc85
·Davis, Vernon TE SF
·Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI
·James, Edgerrin RB ARI

for

·Romo, Tony QB DAL
·Smith, Steve WR CAR

I do have peyton in addition to romo so ive got good depth at qb

i think i agree with everyone that this is a bad trade for you. i would try to pickup edge though. edge is going to be a very good rb2 for you if you need him. he's also going to have good games based on who arizona plays in the playoffs. i do think that now is a good time to deal romo away for something you need. no rosters so no way to suggest anything. it might be worth considering that manning wont be that useful in the playoff weeks 15/16 because the colts will already be in the playoffs. course dallas is looking pretty good right now too.