Fantasy Football Question

Mathlete

Aug 23, 2004
I need some help with my fantasy football team this year. I can keep two players from last year. My for sure keeper is Deuce McAllister. I also have a bunch of options for the second. The choices are Brett Favre, Steve McNair, Santana Moss, Koren Robinson, Charles Rogers, or Curtis Martin. Please Help!

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Brett Favre or Steve McNair

Edit: If you want better advice, I suggest you post your team.

trilks

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2002
if you keep the deuce, you can always just draft a qb higher and get much better than farva or mcnair (think manning, culpepper). for me, it would be between c. rodgers and k. robinson. rodgers shows a ton of upside, but then again he plays for the lions and might have to share touches with roy williams. koren robinson is probably the safer bet, but i would suggest one of those two.

this is also disregarding your draft order and the number of rbs you can start, which can make a big difference.

LeonarD26

Feb 12, 2004
Do you know how the other teams keepers will be? Santana Moss would be my choice (Jets fan here btw). I agree with the thinking of trilks though...

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Mcnair or Farve

Oh I forgot to tell you the pack is going to the big dance this year ;)

Ausm

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Originally posted by: trilks
if you keep the deuce, you can always just draft a qb higher and get much better than farva or mcnair (think manning, culpepper). for me, it would be between c. rodgers and k. robinson. rodgers shows a ton of upside, but then again he plays for the lions and might have to share touches with roy williams. koren robinson is probably the safer bet, but i would suggest one of those two.

this is also disregarding your draft order and the number of rbs you can start, which can make a big difference.

I'd go with McNair, odds are Manning and Culpepper will not be available in the draft. I'd rather keep another RB, but Martin doesn't do it for me.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Moss is the best youngest choice. For some reason, McNair doesn't impress me much. He seems to get hurt a lot, plus this year he lost his starting RB (not that George has been anything special the past few years, but is Chris Brown going to be an improvement?) as well as his 3rd WR (McCarriens).

I'd either take and keep Moss or take and trade McNair. The only way I'd keep Martin is if you see that most other teams are keeping 2 RB's and they're going to be short in the draft (a distinct possibility).

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Charles Rogers will be overshadowed by the other WR. Koren Robison is overshadowed by Darrel Jackson.

Curtis Martin is past his prime. Brett Favre and Steve McNair are so-so.

trilks

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2002
Originally posted by: faenix
Charles Rogers will be overshadowed by the other WR. Koren Robison is overshadowed by Darrel Jackson.

Curtis Martin is past his prime. Brett Favre and Steve McNair are so-so.

Ah yes, I forgot about Darrel Jackson.

Also, I'm predicting Favre's worse season in a long time. Did anyone else see those moonball passes he was throwing last year? (ex. the major one vs. the Eagles, also a similar pass against the Bears)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I say keep McNair. Then use your first round pick on ANOTHER top-tier back(Tomlinson, Holmes...you get the idea), or if you have a bad spot, get ANOTHER top tier QB, and trade one of them off for something you're lacking.

trilks

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2002
Originally posted by: Mathlete
I need some help with my fantasy football team this year. I can keep two players from last year. My for sure keeper is Deuce McAllister. I also have a bunch of options for the second. The choices are Brett Favre, Steve McNair, Santana Moss, Koren Robinson, Charles Rogers, or Curtis Martin. Please Help!

Wait, so am I to assume that everyone else in the league gets to keep 2 players as well? If that's the case, then it totally changes everything. It will be like starting in the third round, and I'm guessing that all of the top RBs will be gone, as well as a few premier QBs and quality WRs. Do you get to see the other keepers ahead of time?

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i would keep Santana Moss
you will prob get a chance to pick up McNair or Farve in the draft

Mathlete

Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: trilks
Originally posted by: Mathlete

Wait, so am I to assume that everyone else in the league gets to keep 2 players as well? If that's the case, then it totally changes everything. It will be like starting in the third round, and I'm guessing that all of the top RBs will be gone, as well as a few premier QBs and quality WRs. Do you get to see the other keepers ahead of time?

Yes. We all get to keep 2.

No. I don't know who everyone is keeping until draft day.

calboy98

Jun 4, 2003
scoring system also plays a factor. do you know what pick you have yet? depending on how many managers there are, you gotta assume the top 5 or so rb's, qb's, and wr's will be kept.

moss is the best receiver of that bunch, and probably the safest pick - plus you'll probably be able to trade him easily

with mcnair you always gotta question if he'll be playing any given sunday

don't know what you'll get from martin this season, and he'd be tough to move

i'd go with moss

trilks

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2002
Well this makes it a bit more interesting, since there are already players off the board. I'd say that at least the following will be keepers: Holmes, LT, Portis, Ahman Green, S. Alexander, R. Moss, Manning, Culpepper, Jamal Lewis, Edge, Harrison, Fred Taylor, Stephen Davis, Vick. Maybe Torry Holt, Faulk, Corey Dillon. I'm not sure how many people are in your league, probably 10 or so.

I guess I'll stick with my original opinion of keeping Robinson or Rodgers, although I guess keeping Moss would be a fine option too. Just remember that you will be lucky to get a top-tier guy, because most of them will already be taken before the draft even starts. If it were me, I'd probably take a good QB with my first pick, unless there was a top-tier RB left somehow. Of course this is all speculation and I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.