Fantasy Advice

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
My team:

QBs - Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper (yes, they suck except for this week)
RBs - Willie Parker, Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis, Jerious Norwood, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones (originally, the draft gave me 8 rbs!)
WRs - Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Darrell Jackson
D/ST - Seahawks
TE - Randy McMichael, Jeff King
K - Josh Brown

Our line-up is QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 flex, D/ST, TE, K

Anyway, I clearly need an upgrade at WR and at QB. Prying a quality QB away from another team is tough with all the injuries and poor performances. Plus, most teams are holding on to at least two because we can start both each week.

Bernard Berrian and Patrick Crayton are both available to me off waivers (I'm #2 this week in priority). I'm thinking about snagging Berrian at the expense of Darrell Jackson. I could also grab Huard and drop Culpepper.

Should I instead put together a package with Norwood and/or Lewis for a guy like Colston? Or do I hang onto my RBs and try to swing two of them for a better QB (which will probably be very tough)?

Thoughts?

Oh- and despite my craptastic team, I managed to put up 160 pts this week... so not all hope is lost for me!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
hmm....first off, keep Culpepper over Huard.

Secondly, I'd take Crayton over Berrian. Who is throwing the ball to Berrian? Crayton had a montser week. Doesn't mean he'll do it again, but still.

I think you're fine at QB. Not great, but fine. Might be able to swing a trade for an upgrade at WR.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
Don't ditch a WR for Berrian. You are going to need at least 4 WRs just to cover bye weeks.