Fallout NV graphics glitches corrected: d3d9.dll

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
There's been quite a bit of complaining regarding stutter, white flash and general performance issues. I thought it best to start a new thread about this.

It's been corrected by someone in the Nexus MOD community. I've been using the patch, and it is legit. I've noticed big FPS improvements, no stuttering, and my white flashes are gone. No virus or malware within.

From this thread:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/249135-d3d9-perf-fix-endorsements/

Download here:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

If anyone has any issues/problems about this patch, please post it here.

Cheers.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
These eliminate the bug with NV drivers on the 4 series ?

With HDR & AA enabled at the same time I get black blocks that flash as well as the white flashes you are referring to on terrain. Terrible bug as it looks just like video card artifacts D:

There is a similar issue in the first Crysis but not Warhead, with the 4 series. When you have AA enabled and look at vegetation you get small white flashes at times, but not to the degree you see in F:NV.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
These eliminate the bug with NV drivers on the 4 series ?

With HDR & AA enabled at the same time I get black blocks that flash as well as the white flashes you are referring to on terrain. Terrible bug as it looks just like video card artifacts D:

There is a similar issue in the first Crysis but not Warhead, with the 4 series. When you have AA enabled and look at vegetation you get small white flashes at times, but not to the degree you see in F:NV.

The white flashing NV issues seems to effect 4 series exclusively. (I'm running 2x480's.)

My first thought was, like you, that the video card was artifacting. I turned my OC off, and was still getting the issue. Plus unexplainable Framerate drops.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
The white flashing NV issues seems to effect 4 series exclusively. (I'm running 2x480's.)

My first thought was, like you, that the video card was artifacting. I turned my OC off, and was still getting the issue. Plus unexplainable Framerate drops.

Good news! Thanks for the link.

Loving this game as well. Even with bugs it's still fantastic.

Redox

Aug 12, 2005

As I posted in another thread, forcing AA through the NV control panel (and disabling AA in the in-game configuration panel) solved the problem for me - using 8xQ AA without the white flashes (which I was also experiencing before the change).

Using 2 x GTX480's in SLI.

Now if only they would fix the quicksave bug ...

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
As I posted in another thread, forcing AA through the NV control panel (and disabling AA in the in-game configuration panel) solved the problem for me - using 8xQ AA without the white flashes (which I was also experiencing before the change).

Using 2 x GTX480's in SLI.

Now if only they would fix the quicksave bug ...

That's what I did after reading your post and it also fixed my white flashes- I'm going to try the file though to see if it helps w/ framerates w/ my 470

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
File greatly increased FPS, but I'm still getting white boxes - not as bad, but still there- going to disable aa and force it through control panel again.

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
File greatly increased FPS, but I'm still getting white boxes - not as bad, but still there- going to disable aa and force it through control panel again.

That worked- higher fps, no glitches

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
If I disable AA in game and select override application settings, AA is not applied in the game but the flashing is gone. AA doesn't work unless I set the AA setting in the game settings, but of course, then I get the flashing and black squares. The only way I can get AA to work without flashing is to use bloom instead of HDR.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
How were you able to do it? ive been trying to force AA thru the nvidia control panel and nothing. maybe im doing it wrong

Not that I'm happy that you're having issues, but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that noticed this. As I mentioned in my last post, the only way I can get AA to work without flashing is to use bloom instead of HDR.