Fallout from the 'no mods' anarchy of neffing last night...

Jan 9, 2002
aphexII just contacted me saying he's been banned! :Q:Q:Q

Who else was? I wasn't expecting a Lifer of all people to get the boot! He's upset, but said he will be at Rallyspec's forums.

According to our records his account isn't locked.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Mrs.Skoorb was which is funny considering I don't even think she posted anything last night and certainly didn't post anything offensive so she just emailed the mods...or is about to anywya.

Jan 9, 2002
Well I could care less about AmusedOne...
rolleye.gif
You think aphexII is gone just because of the wierd IP problems going on? I saw the Paulson thread on that.

Jan 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Rallispec
what did i miss last night?

It all started with a p*ssy thread that someone started, and it was never locked. People started wondering if the mods were on vacation, and tested the waters with blatant neffing. Ridiculous anarchy ensued for a few hours. :D

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I posted a thread on this in FI. There's something funky with banned IPs, but not users. I couldn't post from home, but I can post from work.

Jan 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Jzero
I posted a thread on this in FI. There's something funky with banned IPs, but not users. I couldn't post from home, but I can post from work.

I'm going to pass that on to aphexII (just sent him this thread) if he doesn't see it first. 'Hey buddy? Try posting from another location!!' :)

Jan 9, 2002
New E-mail:

NightFlyerGTI,
I'm PG on the forums, you probably don't know me, but I saw your thread. I don't know why, but I seem banned too. I emailed the mods but haven't received a reply yet. Funny how the popular ones like Paulson were banned but they have had their accounts fixed quickly. Or maybe it's just that the mods are now overwhelmed with emails from banned people. PG

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Sounds like they let out the 'special' mod....and he got awfully trigger happy.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
it seems like it was an error in the software rather than someone going through and banning everyone. My girlfriend(actprincess) got the same message and she never even posted anything in the last few days. I tried posting udner her account from work(right after she told me) and i can post as her just fine.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
Originally posted by: Rallispec
what did i miss last night?

It all started with a p*ssy thread that someone started, and it was never locked. People started wondering if the mods were on vacation, and tested the waters with blatant neffing. Ridiculous anarchy ensued for a few hours. :D

Link?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
link

Damn I saw that thread but didn't check it out last night, I assumed it was about a cat or something juvenile like that.

Oh wait this is OT, right?

:D

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
I don't think that thread had anything to do with it cause some people were banned that had nothing to do with it.

adul and eakers are also banned in addition to some of the other people mentioned.

Ask them to try now.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
I was banned earlier for some reason, and I wasn't even on the board last night.

EDIT: Obviously, they have my situation fixed.