Fallout 4

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Was pokin' around online today, and came upon this little tidbit...

http://compactiongames.about.com/b/2013/01/28/fallout-series-fallout-4-announcement-coming-soon.htm

The Fallout series has been one of the most ground breaking series of video games for the PC that's ever been released. It has been critically acclaimed and a commercial success due in part to the open world game play, storylines, and excellent game mechanics just to name a few.
While it's been over two years since we've seen a full Fallout release (that's right Fallout New Vegas was released back in October 2010), recent rumors have been swirling that Bethesda Softworks will be making an imminent announcement about Fallout 4. Then back on Jan 8th a voice actor from Fallout 3 Tweeted "To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!", followed up by a Tweet that says he received permission to release the statement. While that's not an official statement from Bethesda it's a positive for the possibility of Fallout 4 in 2013.
Anybody have any predictions about venue for the game? Boston mebbe?

Last edited:

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
They really need to make Fallout from the ground up finally. No more of this garbage that feels like a publisher threw a mod team a copy of a Oblivion and a few million dollars. I'm still betting on Skyrim with guns though.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Fallout 4 heh?

I see... well...

1) Don't use GameBryo.
2) Don't turn it into another MMO.

That's all I want, if that happens I'll be a happy panda.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
I haven't played the current Fallouts very much at all, for a Fallout 4 would make me very, very happy.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Hard to get majorly excited over it. Fallout 3 wasn't a terrible game - but it was far more a Bethesda game then a Fallout game. They just didn't get the setting. New Vegas was so much better then FO3, in terms of lore, mechanics, characterizations...everything, really... that I'll likely never play FO3 again.

If/when then next Obsidian produced title in the series comes along, I'll be interested.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
FO:NV and the DLCs were awesome, except the Lonesome Road DLC and perhaps Dead Money because of its annoying game mechanics. Please, please, please do not make a craptastic storyline and linear path game like Lonesome Road again.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
new vegas was a fantastic game
dunno wy people shit on it
vastly underrated

Obsidian is good at making really deep games story wise. They're a very underrated developer. Most people see to like Fallout NV better than Fallout 3.

As cool as the Mohave wasteland was to visit, I don't want to see it again. A New York or Boston themed Fallout might be interesting. Or get really creative and set it outside the United States.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I would love for a larger landscape, possibly the size a large city. On that note, I would love it if it were half city with fully explorable buildings and subway and whatnot and the other half a serious dense forest wilderness.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
new vegas was a fantastic game
dunno wy people shit on it
vastly underrated

Obsidian is good at making really deep games story wise. They're a very underrated developer. Most people see to like Fallout NV better than Fallout 3.

As cool as the Mohave wasteland was to visit, I don't want to see it again. A New York or Boston themed Fallout might be interesting. Or get really creative and set it outside the United States.

Totally agree, I thought New Vegas was a much better game than FO3. Obsidian did very well with the engine they had to work with, I thought. And I didn't experience anywhere near the same stability issues as I did with FO3 either.

As for a FO4 setting . . . Boston would be interesting. Lot of American revolutionary history there, lot of potential within the FO universe. But, I'd love to see some European or Asian wastelands . . .

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Fallout 4 heh?

I see... well...

1) Don't use GameBryo.
2) Don't turn it into another MMO.

That's all I want, if that happens I'll be a happy panda.

3.) Make sure it's easily moddable!

Set it in China :p
Actually ya I'd love to see the northeast or even the deep south. NV was desert desert and more desert. FO3 had a lot more interesting places to visit.

or.. just use the FO3+NV combination mod for best of both worlds :)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
3.) Make sure it's easily moddable!

Set it in China :p
Actually ya I'd love to see the northeast or even the deep south. NV was desert desert and more desert. FO3 had a lot more interesting places to visit.

or.. just use the FO3+NV combination mod for best of both worlds :)

China would be a very interesting change.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
They need to stop using just America as the only country in the world.

It's boring.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
New Vegas had better mechanics but the Mojave was lame and boring compared to D.C in FO3. I still play both games and they are by far my favorite of this current gen of games. I myself cannot wait for FO4

Dijeangenie

Sep 11, 2012
The game is going to be set around Boston - its practically been confirmed (why else would they be visiting locations there?). I personally think post apocalyptic London would be a fantastic location but the lore of the series seems to indicate that the USA is the only place on earth still habitable (which is a shame).

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
One biggest fault for all the more recent Fallout games is the graphics. It seems so damn dated.

Dijeangenie

Sep 11, 2012
One biggest fault for all the more recent Fallout games is the graphics. It seems so damn dated.

Its because they used a modified oblivion engine for fallout 3 and then modified it some more for fallout new vegas (so it was pretty dated!). I would guess Fallout 4 will use the same engine as Skyrim, which looks pretty decent esp if modded with high resolution textures.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
They really need to make Fallout from the ground up finally. No more of this garbage that feels like a publisher threw a mod team a copy of a Oblivion and a few million dollars. I'm still betting on Skyrim with guns though.

I don't mind them doing that. it makes the game easy to mod. That way there are tons you can install.

Fallout NV was great. i enjoyed the game. Though at times the atmosphere sucked.

they need a fallout Chicago!

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
The game is going to be set around Boston - its practically been confirmed (why else would they be visiting locations there?). I personally think post apocalyptic London would be a fantastic location but the lore of the series seems to indicate that the USA is the only place on earth still habitable (which is a shame).

I wouldn't say "confirmed", but yeah, it's leaning that way:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-4-Boston-Setting-Skyrim-Skill-System-51312.html

Link on FO4 location visits to Boston?

EDIT: You're right on location scouting. Found this link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/fallout-4-set-in-boston-6392271

Last edited: