Fallout 3, my first problem with it

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
For some reason starting today, when I run the game it doesn't sign me into Windows Live. Because of this I am unable to load any saved games. Does this have to do with a new year or something? I keep trying it but it never signs me in. Has anyone else run into this?

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
my first time playing through i did all my savegames through LIVE... and eventually ran into a LOT of problems with random crashes.

upgraded to 4gb of ram so i installed vista x64 and reinstalled fallout 3 and this time decided against installing LIVE as i'd heard some people say the cause of a lot of the crashes were possibly due to conflicts between the STEAM overlay and the LIVE overlay.

in any event i've experienced a mere fraction of the crashes not using LIVE.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
create a new profile and copy the saves from your old profile to the saved games or my games folder. This time don't use Windows Live.

nicolaskl

Nov 12, 2008
My problem with FO3 is that I've been roaming around in the wasteland for a week and I haven't gotten to bang one single irradiated skank yet. At this point in FO2 I would have hooked up with seven pros, two farmers daughters, three completely random NPCs, and a brahmin. Damn puritans at the Bethesda.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
The weird thing is, it always used to sign me in with my Windows Live id, even before I entered the key or anything. I think it's because I already had my live id setup with Gears of War for Windows. Then yesterday, no luck, it wouldn't sign me in. I put in my product key and everything and now it works again, I am just afraid of getting crashes galore now.

nicolaskl

Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by: mundane
Originally posted by: darkdiablo
hows the game

Rocks or sucks, depending on who[m?] you ask.

So far I think it pretty much rocks. And this is coming from someone who played 1 and 2 when they were new and has beat both probably five times. I wish you could do VATS constantly which would make the combat more like the old ones but whatever, it's not a going to be an issue unless you're the worst FPS player on the face of the planet.

Wouldn't mind being able to have more companions either, it seems like you're only really allowed dogmeat plus one? Thats kinda bullshit.

I think the lack of sex is very conspicuous after FO2 but I'm still hoping that will change a little. Its obviously not a deal breaker, even if there's zero it's still been a great game so far, but it's a frigging post nuclear apocalypse. The world sucks, peoples lives are probably mostly miserable and hard, you know people would be banging like it's going out of style. It really is a bit of a realism issue for me if there isn't any in it.