Falling asleep while driving...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
i've been at the point where i was nodding on and off, not completely, but at the edge.....
i pulled off at the next rest-stop and took a nap

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Drove to and back from Calgary to Vegas on two separate occasions last year. 24hour straight drive. First trip by myself and second trip with a company. Was not well rested, took in minimal fluids and ate minimally. I was pretty much alert the whole time, as I do enjoy long commutes, beautiful scenery, winding roads, and singing to my favourite tunes helped me get there 90% of the time. The other 10% I relied on caffeine and a 30 minute nap.

Doing the daily grind driving between work (had to work 2 full time jobs back to back back then) was the most difficult I find. When you're working you don't notice it, but once you stop and make the drive to your next job that's when it hits you hard. On two occasions I had to wind down the window and have wind blow into my face on the highway and couldn't wait to get off the highway. Yeah, it was bad.

Bibble

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2006
I've never fallen asleep while driving, but I have closed my eyes at night when there is no traffic to see what it was like driving blind. I stopped when I realized that deer cross this particular street all the time.