Falco was the greatest band ever.

SilentBoB

Golden Member
Nov 13, 1999
I really like German bands like Falco and Rammstein. Especially the techno type stuff Falco did (Rock me, Amadeus). What are some good techno songs/groups from Germany or Asia (Asia also has good techno)?

SilentBoB

Golden Member
Nov 13, 1999
Oh, Falco was one guy? Oh well, I'm just looking for some good import techno music. I have the MP3 of Der Komissar. Good song. Anything else? And Dennilfloss, dare you disagree and perhaps anger the Falco gods?

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I did disagree (that it was a band and the greatest) and the anger of the Falco gods doesn't mean a rat's patootie to me. But if you like it, just enjoy it. :)

Falco - Biography

b. Johann Hölzel, 19 February 1957, Vienna, Austria, d. 6 February 1998, Puerto Plaza, Dominican Republic. Using a droll mixture of German and English lyrics, Falco had several international hits in the 80s. After completing his studies at the Vienna Conservatoire, he played bass guitar in the punk band Drahdiwaberl, composing 'Ganz Wien' which appeared on their Psycho Terror in 1979, and was banned because it contained the line 'all Vienna is on heroin today'. His solo career began in 1982 with the rap-style European hit 'Kommisar' and the controversial tale of prostitution 'Jeanny', which topped the German charts despite a complete radio ban. Falco's first impact on the English-speaking world came with 'Rock Me Amadeus' (1985). Co-written with Dutch producers Rob and Ferdi Bolland, the song's zany mixture of speech and singing made it number 1 in the UK in 1986 at the same time as Falco 3 went into the Top 10 in America. After releasing the rock ballad 'Vienna Calling', Falco returned to the 'Amadeus' mode on 'The Sound Of Musik', which was an attack on Austrian president Kurt Waldheim. Despite his collaboration with model and film star Brigitte Nielsen on 'Body Next To Body', Falco's later records, such as 'Titanic' in 1992 were not successful outside German-speaking territories. Moving to the Dominican Republic for tax purposes, he was building his own recording studio when he was killed in a car accident in February 1998.

Punish Me (Edwin McCain)

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Oooh! Rock me Amadeus.

Falco was a man, not a band. Born Johann Holzel in Vienna. Falco died in a car accident on February 6, 1998 at the age of 40.

<edit> Yo denni. We've got to quit riding on the same wave length, man! Hahaha!! </edit>

SilentBoB

Golden Member
Nov 13, 1999
OK, Falco was one man, but he was cool. I just wanted to know of any cool techno songs or bands that are worth a look.

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Not a big fan, but I do like the song Jeanny. Though I have always been curious what the nonenglish lyric said.....

ephebos

Mar 16, 2000
Check out these Falco songs: &quot;Mutter, der Mann mit dem Koks ist da&quot; (German lyrics), &quot;Cyberlove&quot; (German lyrics), &quot;Egoist&quot; (German lyrics), &quot;Naked&quot; (English lyrics. Those are all out of his late work. He was working on a new record, when he had that car-accident. The record company released it as &quot;Out of the dark-Into the light&quot;. I don't care for the title-song too much. It is a &quot;Jeanny&quot; type song that is a lot about death (translated from German: &quot;Do I have to die, before I can live?&quot;). It was widely interpreted as a vision of what was going to happen to him. I think that is overdoing it a little. It is true though, that Falco had a huge comeback in the German speaking regions after his death and &quot;Out of the dark-Into the light&quot; sold more copies than any other of his records, somehow ironic.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I know what dennil was thinking and was too afraid to say (as far the greatest band ever):
Nena........you know you wanna' listen to more!
ohhhhh ohhhhhhh Clockwerk :)

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mike Meyers bailed out of the Sprockets movie. :( He didn't like the script. Danke Deter.