Question Fake SSDs now, not just flash drives and SD cards, watch out! (TechYesCity YT)

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I buy my SSDs, flash drives and SD cards from Amazon. They're all brand names such as Samsung, Western Digital, SanDisk. I want the best price, but not just anything. So, I stay away from eBay on those things. Who buys SATA drives any longer? I have a couple now gathering dust in a box. They were once the latest and greatest. LOL

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I recently purchased some 128GB off-brand drives that may have shipped from China. I guess I should check them for fakes. They were under $10, but legit Team Group 128GB USB3.2 flash drives were also $7, so I thought that the sale price for 128GB of lower-tier "compute grade" flash and a cheap DRAMless controller could sell for $10.

Edit: I think that these 'Vaseky' drives are legit. They were shipped by Newegg.

Last edited:

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
I buy my SSDs, flash drives and SD cards from Amazon. They're all brand names such as Samsung, Western Digital, SanDisk. I want the best price, but not just anything. So, I stay away from eBay on those things. Who buys SATA drives any longer? I have a couple now gathering dust in a box. They were once the latest and greatest. LOL

I don't buy SD or flash cards from Amazon, or batteries and other small items. They comingle inventory for Prime and they can be poisoned super easily, this is well known and as former Amazon seller I saw it first hand. I've also received from Amazon bad storage (super slow, flakey but "name brand") and batteries that are "Sony" but last for about a month where they should last a year. I said enough was enough and only buy them brick and mortar now. Walmart, etc. are just as cheap and I can pick them up with groceries that I have put in my trunk by ordering in the app.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Lmao i saw this one SATA SSD which had microSD cards inside it in a JBOD config.
something like this:
UPCSF033100_1.jpg

I thought that was shady as heck.

Just avoid no name / unknown name vendors.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
I buy my SSDs, flash drives and SD cards from Amazon.
I don't buy SD or flash cards from Amazon, or batteries and other small items.
Also amazon is just a marketplace exactly like ebay, so the exact same crowd of illegal sellers sell in all of them.
Typically there is a distinction but the integration os so deep in amazon that it's basically the same thing.

Reactions: blckgrffn