Fake Purses in NYC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dugweb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
I was amazed when I went to Rome at how much counterfeit stuff was being sold, and even more so who was selling it.

Of my own observations I noticed what seemed to be like 90% or more of the sales men were black. They didn't seem local (their accents were off) and their sales force demographics was way off of Italy's general demographics. It made me think of the nigerian scammers travelling up to sell watches :confused: Deffinatly an interesting operation they have going on (whoever it is). I mean the city was crawling with these guys wanting to sell watches. well the touristy spots anyway

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Originally posted by: her209
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Originally posted by: AgentUnknown
It's over the place on Canal street. I see cops walk by and nothing happens. Who wants a girl that wears fake stuff?
?

Who cares if it's fake? I say all the better to a girl who wears fake stuff. Shows that they enough self pride to not blow $500 on a purse to make them be fashionable.
That doesn't mean she's any less materialistic than the one that buys the real stuff...

Uhh... yes, yes it does.

Wrong. There is a reason some people pay so much for the original. They look nice. Many times you can get a knock-off on the street for cheaper than a purse at walmart and it's normally better quality (not always). So if getting a good deal on a good purse is materialistic I am not sure what isn't.