Fake news awards are here

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
One of 9 pages of trump's lies.

DONALD TRUMP
Deals struck on his first foreign trip as president made and saved "millions of jobs."

— PolitiFact National on Friday, May 26th, 2017

Obamacare kickback? No

DONALD TRUMP
"Dems want billions to go to Insurance Companies to bail out donors"

— PolitiFact National on Thursday, May 4th, 2017

FDR and others did more

DONALD TRUMP
"No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days."

— PolitiFact National on Monday, April 24th, 2017

Memo he signed has limited effect, doesn't apply to Keystone

DONALD TRUMP
"All pipelines that are coming into this country from now on has to be American steel."

— PolitiFact Wisconsin on Thursday, April 20th, 2017

Poorly revised history

DONALD TRUMP
"The weak illegal immigration policies of the Obama Admin. allowed bad MS 13 gangs to form in cities across U.S. We are removing them fast!"

— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017

That's not how it's calculated

DONALD TRUMP
"When you look for a job, you can't find it and you give up. You are now considered statistically employed."

— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, April 4th, 2017

They didn't say that

DONALD TRUMP
"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process."

— PolitiFact National on Monday, March 20th, 2017

That's not how NATO works

DONALD TRUMP
"Germany owes ... vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!"

— PolitiFact National on Sunday, March 19th, 2017

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Trump isn't a journalist. He doesn't provide news, so he can't sensibly be charged with doing it irresponsibly. CNN et al are news agencies. It was a mistake to leave the website to Barron, and there were far better examples of fake news available, but at least he's drawing attention to a problem. And actually that japanese fish feeding pond crap was appreciated, since I remember seeing (probably) Oliver spending a good minute making fun of Trump over it. Tsk tsk.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I believe that I've figured out the secret to discerning Trump. If his lips are moving and his hands are flailing about he's lying.:p

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Birtherism, terrorist fist jabs, secret Muslim, jade helm, etc. But yes, people tweeted incorrectly about a Trump rally.

Amazing how fast history goes down the memory hole.

Oh, God! Not the terrorist fist jabs!

Nov 25, 2013

KeefeM20080615A.jpg

Jan 25, 2011
Trump isn't a journalist. He doesn't provide news, so he can't sensibly be charged with doing it irresponsibly. CNN et al are news agencies. It was a mistake to leave the website to Barron, and there were far better examples of fake news available, but at least he's drawing attention to a problem. And actually that japanese fish feeding pond crap was appreciated, since I remember seeing (probably) Oliver spending a good minute making fun of Trump over it. Tsk tsk.
He can when he has told the sheep to only get their news from him and no one else while relentless attacking the media’s as enemies of the people for any inaccuracy especially when he is lying about those inaccuracies. What you don’t think a shit load of conservatives are looking at his words on the state of everything as gospel?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It’s amazing how fast people who spent eight years ranting about how Obama was a Kenyan Muslim are now outraged that people said Trump’s rallies were staffed differently. The sad part is that I’m pretty sure they believe it.

Jul 9, 2009
lol, politifuct. Yeah we can trust them! No, no we really can. See! It says "fact" right there. Right there on my screen. "fact" You gotta trust them now, it's the internet and it says "fact".

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
Can I just add that as an outsider looking in I am amazed by the self delusion practiced by the right in the US. If it doesn't agree with our very narrow view of the world then it must be fake news. You have a president that would rather attack the free press than work with it. Sad.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
lol, politifuct. Yeah we can trust them! No, no we really can. See! It says "fact" right there. Right there on my screen. "fact" You gotta trust them now, it's the internet and it says "fact".

Please. Feel free to point out a fabrication or valid, provable misconception on politifact.

Oh wait. You can't. Just like Snopes, the delusional attack Politifact yet cannot seem to provide any valid evidence of fraud for them.

More proof that fringe wing nuts think facts have bias.

Reactions: Meghan54

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Please. Feel free to point out a fabrication or valid, provable misconception on politifact.

Oh wait. You can't. Just like Snopes, the delusional attack Politifact yet cannot seem to provide any valid evidence of fraud for them.

More proof that fringe wing nuts think facts have bias.

Well, they are stamping their feet....doesn't that count? Or their hands over the ears? It isn't enough to just proclaim something "fake"?

Damn, you are hard to please....it's almost as if you expect a rebuttal with factual evidence. Sheesh.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Bull shit.

since when does having to defend yourself from painfully truthful claims about your abject dishonesty, criminality, and petty hubris amount to something far far worse than defending yourself against proven lies and conspiracy nonsense?

Why are you guys so proud to wear the snowflake victim mantle? It's quite hilarious.

Nov 29, 2006

Feel free to prove politifact wrong with "facts". Sounds like a billion dollar idea if you can.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

So it's like somebody believing something is "fake news" because it says "fake" in label somebody applied to it?