Fake news awards are here

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lol so opinion columns and stories about over feeding fish and attendance at a pointless rally he shouldn’t be doing anyway. All from the guy who spent years peddling a racist conspiracy theory about the last president. Does Trump not see how petty and pathetic this makes him look? I hope he does this every week to remind people of the baby we have as a president, lol.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It is funny as intended to show how petty these news organizations have become.

Just like all the flopping and twitching going on about Trumps height and weight measurements. And how the Presidents Doctor is obviously a lying POS or was ordered to give fake health report.

Wow.

Wait, you think the president devoting his time to cataloging and ranting about reports on attendance at a random rally shows the news organizations as petty? Lolwut. He’s the president. Why on earth is he wasting his time on stuff this small? Well, other than the fact that he’s clearly spending almost no time trying to be president, haha.

What a weird and sad little man.

Jan 25, 2011
Wait, you think the president devoting his time to cataloging and ranting about reports on attendance at a random rally shows the news organizations as petty? Lolwut. He’s the president. Why on earth is he wasting his time on stuff this small? Well, other than the fact that he’s clearly spending almost no time trying to be president, haha.

It went even a report. Not a story. Weigel tweeted it from his own personal account as a joke. He’s a humorist.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Some of them are opinion. Others were quickly corrected. The crowd thing wasn’t reported if I recall correctly. Someone tweeted the picture from their personal account. It was deleted in 20minutes and was a joke.

This is just sad.
Corrections are a sign of bad integrity. Legit news organizations never admit to errors don't you know.

Reactions: Aegeon and dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It went even a report. Not a story. Weigel tweeted it from his own personal account as a joke. He’s a humorist.

You’re right, I forgot about that. Even more pathetic. This would not even have registered on Obama’s give-a-shit meter and clearly Trump has been stewing about it for months.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah an opinion and 2 tweets on that list and "Russia collusion"... Is that because Trump is extremely sensitive, is it because they couldn't find enough media errors that didn't favor Trump, what exactly?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I dunno... Maybe declaring the Fourth Estate to be the enemy of the people set 'em off just a tad... particularly coming from the lyingest con man on the planet.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I'm surprised that he didn't award himself for the years he's displayed his fake Time Magazine on his properties.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
So editorials are news? Wow.

So quickly corrected errors are "fake news"? Seriously?

This blatant blurring of the lines between articles clearly posted as "opinion" or "editorial" and actual news articles is just one of the many things wrong with the far right today.

They have no idea what the difference is between a fact, and an opinion.

More to the point, they have no idea what integrity is. It is not "never making a mistake." It's being willing to ever you were mistaken and post corrections.

Please... point me to the retractions on the right-wing rags. Oh wait, there never are any.

This list is like an IQ test that they horribly failed.

Reactions: Bowfinger

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

I don't blame him for pushing back on a media that is inflating everything against him regardless of the actual facts.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Millions throughout the world had been looking forward to these awards. Why not hire some writers and actors, spend some money on production, and make something great? Trump's first major blunder, imho.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What, an economist made an economic prediction which turned out to be incorrect? Wow, I've never seen that happen before. I must have imagined that libertarians have been predicting hyper-inflation every year for the past 5 decades. But that isn't fake news, because it isn't news. Someone's opinion about where the economy is headed is just that, an opinion.

It's interesting how Trump's definition of "fake news" seems to broaden more and more with time. If he accomplishes nothing else, it will be in thoroughly discrediting the phrase "fake news" by turning it into something utterly meaningless.

Jan 25, 2011
Millions throughout the world had been looking forward to these awards. Why not hire some writers and actors, spend some money on production, and make something great? Trump's first major blunder, imho.
Millions throughout the world? Bahahahaha

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Millions throughout the world A few at the WH had been looking forward to these awards. Why not hire some writers and actors, spend some money on production, and make something great? Trump's first major latest blunder, imho.
Let me fix that for you brother.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Meh...nothing to see here..just another ploy to rile his ever so shrinking base of supporters...just more proof that the stable genius doesn't like a free press and justice system that doesn't say and do what its told.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't blame him for pushing back on a media that is inflating everything against him regardless of the actual facts.

Then you’re forgetting very recent history. The things he is ranting about are twitter posts, opinion pieces, and things like that. Obama faced far, far worse on those fronts and he paid them no attention because he was busy...you know... being president. This just makes Trump look small and pathetic.

Trump has run a uniquely inept and chaotic White House. Why people would think reporting on that is evidence of some media conspiracy is actually evidence of their own bias.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I wonder how many memebers here got up in arms over these stories when they first broke only to find out later they were not true.
Not true? The majority of them believed every one of them then and still believe them today. I just got "lectured" the other day here about the wonderfulness that is Paul Krugman.

Not a day goes by that we don't have three, four or more threads based in shit the media puts out to keep their ratings up. The same people that abhor big business believe every piece of fabrication these sources come up with, get their anxiety levels all amped up and post about it here as some form of misguided therapy. They are willful participants in keeping big business media sources that would otherwise have floundered and gone by the wayside alive. The people that think they are the deepest of thinkers are at the mercy of their "feelings".

Just yesterday we had a long time member proclaiming that Trump was ruining the nation and every single thread here must be centered around impeaching him! We're witnessing mass psychosis.

Takes two to Tango.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Excuse me but who is the King of over inflating?? Media just reports what this asshole does and you people get your panties in a bunch.