Fake ebay site.

all168

May 16, 2001
After reading a lot of fake banking site, I think I will see the teller morer often. Here is ANOTHER fake ebay site. And I think Ebay and paypal don't care about it 'cos they are concentrate in their money only, nothing else, no security, no customer service, etc.

Ebay

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Nice it even redirects you to the real ebay site after you give it a fake id and password, along with their popup that requests more information

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Aw, the popup blocker killed the popup... I usually like filling these out. Not with real info of course - just crap to clog up their "collection" with garbage.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: all168
After reading a lot of fake banking site, I think I will see the teller morer often. Here is ANOTHER fake ebay site. And I think Ebay and paypal don't care about it 'cos they are concentrate in their money only, nothing else, no security, no customer service, etc.

Ebay

I'm confused why you think Paypal and Ebay should care about this. They aren't the police. And how do you know that they haven't filed some kind of complaint with an international policing agency, seeing as this site is in Korea they would have to work through those channels.

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Generally they just ask the ISP to remove the site and it works.

Last time I got an e-mail with a fake paypal site, I sent the e-mail to paypal, to my isp, to the isp that the e-mail originated from, and to the host that was hosting the site. It was down 6 hours later.

all168

May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: sciencewhiz
Generally they just ask the ISP to remove the site and it works.

Last time I got an e-mail with a fake paypal site, I sent the e-mail to paypal, to my isp, to the isp that the e-mail originated from, and to the host that was hosting the site. It was down 6 hours later.

I also got 3 fake paypal email with login info request site, I will try to notify those site next time and see if they care.