Fair Use Wizard

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by tk149, Oct 7, 2006.

1. tk149

tk149 Diamond Member

I downloaded FairUse Wizard a few months ago. My AVG virus scan runs automatically every night. Today, my latest virus scan with AVG detected a Trojan in the file, and a Trojan in the System Volume Information for the hard drive the installer file was stored on.

AVG says "Trojan Horse Generic2.DNV"

I think I got the program from http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/, which is the first link on Google.

Just to double-check, I tried downloading the file again from that website, and got a Trojan warning immediately. Note that the Download button is just above an icon that says "No spyware, no adware, no viruses"

1. I Googled "Trojan Horse Generic2.DNV" and got nothing. What is this thing? Should I be worried?

2. If this really is a Trojan, should the FairUse Wizard website be notified? Heck, is that website even legitimate?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Fair Wizard Forum Date
    Looking for some fairly complex GPS tracking software... Software for Windows Nov 21, 2011
    What button is the "fair catch" key in madden? Software for Windows Dec 17, 2006
    Half-Life 2 crashes fairly often. Software for Windows Jan 30, 2006
    Is there any fairly basic software for making animation Software for Windows Feb 20, 2005
    Fair Use Wizard now has a light version that will suffice for many - now free! Software for Windows Jan 1, 2005

3. BladeVenom

BladeVenom Lifer

There's also the possibility it could also be a false positive. You might want to try it with another virus scanner.

4. tk149

tk149 Diamond Member

Any other suggestions? I'll try a 2nd virus scanner tomorrow when I get home.

5. Queasy

Queasy Moderator<br>Console Gaming

I've been using the Fair Use Wizard for a while now and haven't gotten any trojan warnings. I also use AVG for anti-virus.

6. Homerboy

Homerboy Lifer

7. Drakkon

Drakkon Diamond Member

i got the message this morning as well. False positive by AVG.