Fair Use Wizard

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
I downloaded FairUse Wizard a few months ago. My AVG virus scan runs automatically every night. Today, my latest virus scan with AVG detected a Trojan in the file, and a Trojan in the System Volume Information for the hard drive the installer file was stored on.

AVG says "Trojan Horse Generic2.DNV"

I think I got the program from http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/, which is the first link on Google.

Just to double-check, I tried downloading the file again from that website, and got a Trojan warning immediately. Note that the Download button is just above an icon that says "No spyware, no adware, no viruses"

1. I Googled "Trojan Horse Generic2.DNV" and got nothing. What is this thing? Should I be worried?

2. If this really is a Trojan, should the FairUse Wizard website be notified? Heck, is that website even legitimate?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
There's also the possibility it could also be a false positive. You might want to try it with another virus scanner.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Any other suggestions? I'll try a 2nd virus scanner tomorrow when I get home.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I've been using the Fair Use Wizard for a while now and haven't gotten any trojan warnings. I also use AVG for anti-virus.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy
I've been using the Fair Use Wizard for a while now and haven't gotten any trojan warnings. I also use AVG for anti-virus.