Failed to Initialize PhysX Hardware Acceleration

Feb 4, 2009
What game & what video card? Personally I wouldn't worry physics really doesn't add anything other than barely noticeable smoke/debris in games.
Ps I believe Physx is an NVIDIA card feature, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 9, 2012
What game & what video card? Personally I wouldn't worry physics really doesn't add anything other than barely noticeable smoke/debris in games.
Ps I believe Physx is an NVIDIA card feature, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

the game is spec ops the line, and my video card is HD 7770 vapor-x...my video card is "ATI" and physx is for "nvidia"...ATI doesnt need that physx..but why is that error commin up?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Did your computer have a nVidia card in it at any point? My guess is that you may still have PhysX residing on your computer and that's causing SpecOps to try to enable PhysX. I checked to ensure that Steam doesn't try to install anything related to PhysX, and based on the install script in the Spec Ops folder, it doesn't.

Nov 9, 2012
Did your computer have a nVidia card in it at any point? My guess is that you may still have PhysX residing on your computer and that's causing SpecOps to try to enable PhysX. I checked to ensure that Steam doesn't try to install anything related to PhysX, and based on the install script in the Spec Ops folder, it doesn't.

i had removed all the files connected to physx, the error is gone, but a new error comes up..the game crashes and fatal error comes up

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
When you say that you removed all the files connected to PhysX, you didn't delete the files with physx in the name from the Spec Ops' directory, did you?

bigted41

Mar 22, 2008
yeah, those files need to stay there. at this point you should uninstall and reinstall this game. physx will still need to be present, it just won't be in use by your GPU, there may be some CPU physx working, but it won't be much as CPU physx is pretty terrible.

Nov 9, 2012
When you say that you removed all the files connected to PhysX, you didn't delete the files with physx in the name from the Spec Ops' directory, did you?

no i didn't delete those files...its now fixed i downloaded physx from nvidia even if my card is an ATI..it works..thanks for your help btw