FAH v7 on Vista Problems

SlowBones

Mar 14, 2000
I've been folding /w v6 in dual-client mode as a service for a while and decided to go for v7. The initial install, performed under non-admin user seemed to go well, but FAH didn't restart on logout/login.

I've tried many variations, but starting manually /w run as administrator (or using the admin ID (not a realistic option)) seem to be the only way to get it working. The rights on executables seem OK for user read/execute, but startup shortcuts (added by me) /w run as admin still get blocked.

I can always go back to v6, but...

Help,
slowbones
Vista SP2, stock Dell /w E6550, 2GB

(been doin DC for a couple decades here [RC5,D2OL,SETI,SoB], but I musta skipped a generation of Forum or two :$, and the mods seem disinclined to do a manual override for my ID)

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
(been doin DC for a couple decades here [RC5,D2OL,SETI,SoB], but I musta skipped a generation of Forum or two :$, and the mods seem disinclined to do a manual override for my ID)

YGPM. We're not disinclined. We just have to know about it before we can do anything about it. ;)

Harvey
Senior AT Mod/Admin

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
To help the next person help you: Did you use the default install directory?

I seem to remember that things went better if you install to C:\FAH or somewhere other than standard place on XP and/or Vista?

SlowBones

Mar 14, 2000
I did a default install. From uninstalling, it seems that most data was placed in the admin directory - - even though I installed under a non-admin user.

p.s. Thanks to Harvey for restoring my ID (& keeping an eye on happenings!)

Last edited: