FAD: Apr-29 mondobyte's doing the TOP-DAWG dance today!

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
40 active members returned 1,076,784 points yesterday :thumbsup:

mondobyte leads the pack today with 167,189 points! Honourable mentions go to Rebel_Alliance (135,632 pts) and BadThad (65,754 pts).

GhettoFob was our highest climber jumping 320 spots!

Today's Milestone Makers
mondobyte crossed 55M points, 64 yrs CPU time
Raoul_Teteblanc crossed 19M points
TA_GeoffS crossed 10M points
Rebel_Alliance crossed 60M molecules
scoser crossed 39M molecules
Milestones are every 1M pts, 1M molecules, 1 yr CPU time

Please join me in welcoming our newest members:
(none)

... and wishing all the best to our departed members:
(none)

Welcome all and thanks for crunching with us!

More TeAm Stats can be found HERE

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks for the stats Silverthorne!

Congrats to all the MMs :beer: and great job crunching TeAm! :thumbsup:

Crossed 10M points! w00t! :D

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Nice job everyone
Congrat on the 10 million Geoff!
Thanks for the stats

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I know they're not 'state-of-the-art', but here are the latest acquisitions...

- Dell Dimension P4 2.8 (Prescott, no HT) w/512Mb 400mhz ram, 80g ATA hd, 48x CDRW/DVD combo for $215 shipped

- Dell Dimension Celeron 2.2G w/256Mb 333mhz ram, 80g ATA hd, 48x CDRW/DVD combo for $165 shipped

Both are from the Outlet :)

One will go with my kid to college next September (gee... I wonder which one? :p ), both will crunch FAD until then! :D

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: GeoffS

- Dell Dimension P4 2.8 (Prescott, no HT) w/512Mb 400mhz ram, 80g ATA hd, 48x CDRW/DVD combo for $215 shipped

- Dell Dimension Celeron 2.2G w/256Mb 333mhz ram, 80g ATA hd, 48x CDRW/DVD combo for $165 shipped

One will go with my kid to college next September (gee... I wonder which one? :p ), both will crunch FAD until then! :D

Funny thing I just picked up a 2.8c Northwood with hyperthreading and a dual channel MB. :) and my kid won't be going to college for a long time yet. :p

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
LOL mine aren't happy either

1 has a 2.8 no ht (she is 11) the other a 3.0 cpu (she is 13)

Both have a 17"monitor

They want one like dad's. 21 inch crt and a dual xeon.

I told them to get a job and they could buy what they wanted. Now they are just mad at me :p

Great day everyone Congrats Geoffs and thanks Silverthorne :p

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000

You positive the Dell doesn't have HT? I found out I just had to enable it in the BIOS on some of our new (similar) Dell systems. The factory ships the systems with HT off by default.

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BadThad

You positive the Dell doesn't have HT? I found out I just had to enable it in the BIOS on some of our new (similar) Dell systems. The factory ships the systems with HT off by default.

If it's a 800 bus cpu it has it for sure.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Freewolf

Well.. the Celly isn't for sure :p The P4 was not listed as being HT-capable, but I guess I'll see when it gets here early next week :) It would be nice if it was, but I won't be too upset if it isn't...

I can't build the damned things this cheap anymore... unbelievable prices if you can be patient...

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Freewolf

Well.. the Celly isn't for sure :p The P4 was not listed as being HT-capable, but I guess I'll see when it gets here early next week :) It would be nice if it was, but I won't be too upset if it isn't...

I can't build the damned things this cheap anymore... unbelievable prices if you can be patient...

I don't think it makes as much different in FaD as some of the other projects. and you're are right about some of those prices. I guess they are trying to flood the market or something.

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Wow ... good deals.

Congrats to everyone who accomplished any milestone. Treasure them.

Soon, others will do the Top Dawg dance every day for the extraordinary accomplishments they make and I look forward to that tomorrow.

It is high time that I take a backseat to those who are more deserving and in need of recognition. Here's hoping that this extended mondobyte "phase" of the dance ends sooner rather than later.

Thanks ...

mondo

JTWill

Feb 2, 2005
I used to be happy with a 200Mhz celeron 2Gig HD, Kids complaining about a good system would get a comment like this from me."What to do? Buy new kids or new computers. I wonder what the trade in is on kids?"

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Originally posted by: JTWill
I used to be happy with a 200Mhz celeron 2Gig HD, Kids complaining about a good system would get a comment like this from me."What to do? Buy new kids or new computers. I wonder what the trade in is on kids?"
Zero, Zilch, Nada, Nothing, Huh - What - Me Worry?