facial lotion recommendation is needed!

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
I went to see doctor because my face was too dry. The doctor thougth that is because of the acne and gave me benzoyl peroxide to make my face dry faster and worse. I can't use it anymore. It causemy skin to peel and then my face will release this fluid that is yellow, the fluid that is same as when you get sereve sunburned (don't know what it called). anyways, I went to supermarket to grab a Olay cleanser and a lotion for my face. it seems working right now, but still feel dry on my face.
hopefully, I will have a humidifier in my room by tomorrow

btw, this is the lotions I have bought so far in 1 month. PIC
I wonder if I can return some of them.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Vaseline Intensive Care works good.. It's what my dad has always gotten.

Just don't be seen in that section of the store. Some stores even require you to check your balls before entering that isle. :Q

:p

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli
Vasoline Intensive Care works good.. It's what my dad has always gotten.

Just don't be seen in that section of the store. Some stores even require you to check your balls before entering that isle. :Q

vaseline sucks, IMHO
proof
when the cold weather came in the early oct. that was the only lotion I had and I used it for about a week. the above picture shows how great this lotion works. :(
when I got Eucerin, it works on my legs and body too.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DaWhim
Originally posted by: Eli
Vaseline Intensive Care works good.. It's what my dad has always gotten.

vaseline sucks, IMHO
proof
when the cold weather came in the early oct. that was the only lotion I had and I used it for about a week. the above picture shows how great this lotion works. :(
when I got Eucerin, it works on my legs and body too.
Well, yeah. Eucerin is like heavy duty though.

Not sure why the Vaseline made you break out. It definately never does for me. Shrug.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
vaseline is actually pretty good for my hands only. Eucerin is the only lotion that can stop the itch! but most people complain it's too oily.
btw, Aveeno for bodywash is truly recommended! I don't feel dry at all.

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Maybe your skin is like mine, don't use any cleansing soap or moisturizer.
My face gets irritated very easily with anything, I didn't know and kept on putting more and more lotion on my face.
Right now I just wash my face with warm water three times a day (morning, after lunch, before sleep), nothing else.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: bjc112
Hmm i would think Vaseline too..

Is your acne pretty severe?

NO! it wasn't the acne!!! my face has the yellow fluid come out, do you think that's caused by acne? I thought it might be, but today, I realize it has nothing to do with acne. the benzoyl peroxide will just make my face worse. what's really suck is I ended up cutting my class twice because my face was too itchy and I had to go home and took good care of it. I felt much better with the moisture lotion than the benzoyl peroxide.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: UncleWai
Maybe your skin is like mine, don't use any cleansing soap or moisturizer.
My face gets irritated very easily with anything, I didn't know and kept on putting more and more lotion on my face.
Right now I just wash my face with warm water three times a day (morning, after lunch, before sleep), nothing else.

hehe, are you from hong kong? my skin is really sucks! I didn't put anything on my face 4 years ago and the problem started. I went to many doctors and finally got fluocinonide cream that works.
the weather in buffalo is much worse than in new york city

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Yes, I think you are in my exact predicament.
The pollution and heat in HK made my skin very sensitive.
Really try stop using any facial care product.
The only thing I use is Oronine Ointment, "or law lap ying" in chinese.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Broohaha
thsi thread is going to get ugly, fast

I was going to suggest an Overnet keyword search for "GGG", but you're right, that would be ugly. ;)