Facebook Threatens to Shut Down Conservative Facebook Page Site

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
Are you serious, Incorruptible?

Sasha and Malia deserved to be attacked because they're Obama's kids? You're a fucking idiot for sure.

I didn't attack them because they came after Obama, clown. I've actually found some excerpts from their little group online and their followers are no better than your dumb ass. I don't like people like YOU.

And I hope you don't ever reproduce.

obama has violated freedom and done a lot of bad things

NDAA
Assassination of Awlaki
Taxes and Spending
Libya and much more

So yes the daughters will be criticized

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Conservatives want to destroy the nation?

Its liberals who give handouts to everyone that can walk across the border, or apply for social security disability, or too lazy to work,,,.

My paycheck is not a liberal debt card for welfare.

But you're fine with the conservative debt card for welfare?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
obama has violated freedom and done a lot of bad things

NDAA
Assassination of Awlaki
Taxes and Spending
Libya and much more

So yes the daughters will be criticized

I'm sorry, can you please explain to all of us why two teenage girls deserved to be criticized because you don't like their father? Do you know anything about his daughters other than they're Obama's kids so you don't like them?

Please do explain how his Children are legitimate targets of hate that is actually supposed to be directed at him?.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
If they don't know what content is causing their page to be in violation of the Facebook terms of use...how can they blame it on the message about Jay Carney?

Sounds like they are trying to find a scapegoat without any evidence.....

I'm sure "Cunts on the Right" aren't being forthcoming with the real reason why they think their group was closed/locked out.

I've seen some of the worst groups on FB that are all still within FB's terms of service....and I have seen some extreme groups that are not and they get shut down normally.

Like my Grandma always said "There are always two sides to a story, your side....and the truth."

Did you guys read the article?

Seems pretty clear that Facebook itself told those two women what the offending part was. See below:

“We removed the following content you posted or were the admin of because it violates Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities,” read a screen-grab she posted.

The two women's claim about not understanding what the violation is revolve around other more vulgar words appearing on Facebook without problems. I.e., they seem to be implying that the violation is not the use of the word "assular" but rather the fact their remark was viewed as 'anti-Obama'.

Fern

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are free to not use Facebook if they do things you don't like.

Facebook is filled with horrible things and they frequently make decisions that seem either arbitrary or just actively stupid. How is this news?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Filter sends message to Chicks
Chicks cry * liberal conspiracy *
Start their own site
profit

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Seems pretty clear that Facebook itself told those two women what the offending part was. See below:

The two women's claim about not understanding what the violation is revolve around other more vulgar words appearing on Facebook without problems. I.e., they seem to be implying that the violation is not the use of the word "assular" but rather the fact their remark was viewed as 'anti-Obama'.

Fern

They can always stop using Facebook, is that so hard? It's not like Facebook is the be all and end all of the Intarwebz.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

Fern

Yes, and SO? Who said I only commented because I thought there were talking about Obama.

Some of you are so funny.

You also missed the part where I said I went snooping around the internet and I don't like the attitudes of some of the people of that ilk.

If they wanted to say whatever they wan't, why didn't one of their smart, conservative Republican asses learn how to design a damn webpage? I mean, WOW.

That like me complaining that I hate throwing my little sister's birthday's at Chuckie Cheese and being constrained to their rules, but I admit that I probably couldn't do a better job with the party at my own place.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Yes, and SO? Who said I only commented because I thought there were talking about Obama.

Some of you are so funny.

You also missed the part where I said I went snooping around the internet and I don't like the attitudes of some of the people of that ilk.

If they wanted to say whatever they wan't, why didn't one of their smart, conservative Republican asses learn how to design a damn webpage? I mean, WOW.

That like me complaining that I hate throwing my little sister's birthday's at Chuckie Cheese and being constrained to their rules, but I admit that I probably couldn't do a better job with the party at my own place.

I don't understand your above response.

Perhaps I didn't understand your original post.

And seems pretty obvious some aren't understanding my OP. It seemed to me some, e.g. you and Ryan, didn't initially grasp that the women could be sure that the content that got them in trouble was the “Jay Carney can kiss my assular area,” remark. There would no confusion regarding this as Facebook itself removed that specific content and informed them of such. That's all my post was about. I don't have any comments about Facebook as I have no account there and have never viewed any Facebook page etc.

Fern

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I don't understand your above response.

Perhaps I didn't understand your original post.

And seems pretty obvious some aren't understanding my OP. It seemed to me some, e.g. you and Ryan, didn't initially grasp that the women could be sure that the content that got them in trouble was the “Jay Carney can kiss my assular area,” remark. There would no confusion regarding this as Facebook itself removed that specific content and informed them of such. That's all my post was about. I don't have any comments about Facebook as I have no account there and have never viewed any Facebook page etc.

Fern

Just think of it as a response addressed to multiple people.

They don't think its fair that Facebook removed their comment and complained that the other kids are doing it too....

Well...if I were them, I wouldn't be using Facebook as a platform for my group.

Learn to do it yourself, you'll be better for it and you can make your own rules and say what you want.

Apr 27, 2012
You are free to not use Facebook if they do things you don't like.

Facebook is filled with horrible things and they frequently make decisions that seem either arbitrary or just actively stupid. How is this news?

And would you say this if they did this to obama supporters? If this happened to obama supporters there would be outrage over this and the media would be furious with Facebook and the usual suspects would be demanding Facebook to let them in

There is a double standard when it comes to this stuff

This is news, It is something important that must be discussed and everyone posting in the thread felt it was important enough to comment.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And would you say this if they did this to obama supporters? If this happened to obama supporters there would be outrage over this and the media would be furious with Facebook and the usual suspects would be demanding Facebook to let them in

There is a double standard when it comes to this stuff

This is news, It is something important that must be discussed and everyone posting in the thread felt it was important enough to comment.

Here's an idea. Create your own social networking site, do whatever the hell you want with it. Life isn't fair, never has been...and never will be. Build a bridge and get over it.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

There is a double standard when it comes to this stuff.

You are 100% full of shit and lying as usual. Keep up the good work! Get down off the cross cry baby liar... you are not JHC.

If you are going to continue to make these fake indignation threads with comments that are not supported by links and/or reality... full of BS and lies expect a lock on every thread you start.

Bye IncorruptibALT...

Apr 27, 2012
I am 100% full of shit and lying as usual. Keep up the good work! Get down off the cross cry baby liar... I am not JHC.

If you are going to continue to make these fake indignation threads with comments that are not supported by links and/or reality... full of BS and lies expect a lock on every thread you start.

Bye IncorruptibALT...

FTFY.

What BS is there, and I never knew there was some rule saying we have to post links for everything we say.

You need to get some help and stop stalking me

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Lol.. look in the mirror for the problem. Stalking... stop making stupid posts on the Internet that are full of bullshit and lies and you wont get replies. Stop replying to my posts stalker! GTFU child and when you makes posts like I quoted full of lies and bullshit passed off as your opinion.. expect to be called out and ridiculed like the liar you are until you change your MO...

I'd tell you to seek help but a persona can't... stop making personas up on the Internet trying to seek attention. Ask your folks to wheel you out to the nearest mall and get laid kid... your IRLsucks... we get it.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I do find it funny because I personally follow just plain awful pages like Spoderman, Bogs, 4Chan, etc, and these pages do not get banned, not to mention they have a proverbial crap-ton of followers :D

And yet this page does. Like others said they can do whatever they want, but it is blatant hypocrisy, and I see no issues with that being pointed out :)

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

Fern

Please pardon my oversight - I missed that they had specifically pointed out what comment was removed. All a comment really needs is for multiple people to flag it as inappropriate - Facebook will usually even remove slightly offensive comments if enough people flag it. Most likely, the comment generated enough flags that it was brought to the attention of a FB moderator...it appeared slightly offensive and was deleted without a second thought. The message she got was the standard wording FB sends out when it removes comments.

It's all based on an automated system apparently...although...I find it amusing that conserva-trolls are the ones getting dinged, lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...6063c22-235e-11e2-ac85-e669876c6a24_blog.html

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
FB shuts down a lot of pages on their site. Left/Right, Religious/Atheist, and a whole lot of others.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
So? Facebook is a private entity. If you're all for individual rights, then they, as a company, can shut down speech they don't want hosted on their website.

This.

But facebook is still a hypocritical piece of shit. So is hussein obama.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
But but but Obamawhaaaa.... it's ok. You'll get a chance to do this for another 8 years when there is another Clinton in the WH....

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Incorruptible thread? I think we're missing something

pic deleted

Last edited by a moderator: