Facebook is full of poop, again, another "duh" moment, but its nice to see evidence.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just saw a report about Zuckerberg personally getting involved to allow a right-wing propaganda anti-choice ad back on FB that claimed there was never a medically necessary time that an abortion would be needed.

That guy is pure evil.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Here is the article on Zuck forcing a propaganda video back onto the platform to please right wing fascist politicians

Business Insider: Zuckerberg caved to Republicans on false anti-abortion claim: report.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I figure the boomer hippie generation were full of love and peace and rights for all. How did they turn into such boomers? I’m a late genx. Are we doom to the same greedy fate. Am I gonna hit 50 and say fygm? Lol. I guess we can say I’m from the ravers plur generation. Remember when there was a war on dance in early 2k? 😂

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
what can we do about it?
We can avoid it!
Facebook is not the "chief cause" of polarization and hate. But Facebook is one of the "chief facilitators" of polarization and hate.

I deleted my Facebook years ago. My wife keeps hers active for the marketplace and that's it. My oldest daughter just deleted hers recently. My youngest still has hers, but the wife and I have educated our children on the dangers of social media extensively. It should be one of the main parts of parenting 101 in the 21st century
I have a facebook account, but I rarely go there. I get emails every day the subject of which is so and so (who I do know) has posted a photo or an update or whatever. I rarely hit the link, I can't be bothered. I have no idea what someone sees if they look me up on Facebook. I have friended a bunch of people, people I know, but I don't pay attention to them on Facebook. On rare occasions I'll check, maybe even leave a comment, but so what? To me it goes nowhere. TBH, I'm not that curious about anybody. I know some people that I respect very highly who have either dumped their FB accounts or possibly never had one in the first place. I'm contemplated deleting mine. I really don't care. I've never been addicted to it at all.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Since one of the premises of upcoming actions against Facebook is algorithms spreading misinformation why can't we go after broadcast news for spreading known lies?

Do I even have to name them?
Well, after Facebook, maybe you can?

Reactions: feralkid

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
OMFG Zuckerberg just renamed Facebook "Meta."

This is exactly the same thing as with Comcast who, after being rated the worst company in America for customer service 5 years straight, decided to call its internet service "xfinity" without mentioning the name "Comcast."

It's not going to work. People will just keep calling it Facebook.

It's like someone on the sex offender registry changing his name. Everyone knows why he's doing it, which just makes him look like a clown. Sorry Zuck, not gonna work.

Reactions: hal2kilo