Facebook Announces a Ban of All QAnon Accounts Across All Platforms

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think the theory is that if we do not permit the insane the insane will use that as an excuse to not permit sanity. But as we have seen such a theory admits to much abuse. It seems the insane are hell bent on requiring somebody to silence them. Insanity is clearly contagious and like the plague may sometimes require masks that gag. It seems it should be a bridge too far to allow the insane to run the nut house, but I am not sure where and if a line should be drawn.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
At a certain point .... Well when you observe external hostile factors cheer finance and strategize with the Jim Jones insane elements in your society... you will have to do SOMETHING.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Now if only somebody, somewhere somehow can do the same thing to FOX "News" that also spreads the same kinds of FUD that Q does, wouldn't that be a miracle of miracles?

But that's a whole different kind of "thing" altogether some folks might say because FOX has a big audience that really likes being lied to 24/7 and FOX has "reputable sponsors" that will pay through the nose to the tune of $millions$ to get at those folks who will believe fantastic lies that tickle their fancy rather than believing the hard disappointing factual truth about their party and their antiquated regressive religiously tainted political ideology.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I think the theory is that if we do not permit the insane the insane will use that as an excuse to not permit sanity. But as we have seen such a theory admits to much abuse. It seems the insane are hell bent on requiring somebody to silence them. Insanity is clearly contagious and like the plague may sometimes require masks that gag. It seems it should be a bridge too far to allow the insane to run the nut house, but I am not sure where and if a line should be drawn.

The insane are already running the nut house. Line should have been drawn about 1000km before reaching Trump.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Now if only somebody, somewhere somehow can do the same thing to FOX "News" that also spreads the same kinds of FUD that Q does, wouldn't that be a miracle of miracles?

But that's a whole different kind of "thing" altogether some folks might say because FOX has a big audience that really likes being lied to 24/7 and FOX has "reputable sponsors" that will pay through the nose to the tune of $millions$ to get at those folks who will believe fantastic lies that tickle their fancy rather than believing the hard disappointing factual truth about their party and their antiquated regressive religiously tainted political ideology.

There is a difference, FOX owns their platform.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The insane are already running the nut house. Line should have been drawn about 1000km before reaching Trump.
I question that opinion. I see a 16% lead for Biden over Trump, almost all of which I think is more against Trunp than for Biden. I would like to suggest the proper message in here is that Americans are rejecting insanity be a good margin. Trump has signed his name as obviously nuts to most people by becoming a known nut case. He has achieved his greatest fear, the one that happened in his childhood he has ever after sought to deny, rejection and contempt. He is just a brand that went out of style, shiny on the outside but with familiarity generating contempt. He is toast.

Nov 29, 2006
About time. Id hate to run/own a platform that allowed catering to hate groups, conspiracy nutters, white supremist etc.

Mar 11, 2004
what took them so long, greed?

Pretty much. That and some of the silicon valley dude bro libertarian bullshit where they claim its about preventing the thawing of freeze peach.

Its...interesting, but obviously far too late for it to be meaningful, and frankly their timing might even lead to it being harmful as that's definitely going to play into conspiracy shit, and I guarantee you that Turmp fluffers are gonna claim this is proof of them fixing the election.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
63f.jpg

I think this one^ is really going to be gaining traction over the next months-year. :D

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Good luck with that. The little cockroaches will scurry off to some other dark corner in the unlikely event Facebook is successful.

Mar 11, 2004
Good luck with that. The little cockroaches will scurry off to some other dark corner in the unlikely event Facebook is successful.

And? This idea that we somehow better deal with this shit when its in the light is nonsense. Plus as we've seen with other similar shit, as their true colors come out (i.e. as their racism, hatred, and threats ramp up), they'll find it harder and harder to actually find refuge.

QAnon has always been just a thinly veiled attempt at obfuscating blatantly white supremacist ideology by hiding it in idiotically senselessly complex conspiracy thought that doesn't hold up to actual scrutiny (but allows one to interject various common beliefs about government corruption, making it easy to get there from a litany of smaller stupid conspiracy theories).