F you fileplanet / IGN

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
I'm under 18 and don't have a credit card - I have a debit card. I wanted to get in on the Battlefield: Bad Company Beta, so I decided to get a subscription to the founder's club of IGN/Fileplanet. After getting in, they charged my debit card twice (15 dollars x2) which put me at an overall -$7 (not including the extra 10 dollars that Bank of America tacts on for overcharging).

Also, the key that I got from fileplanet/IGN worked; however, after canceling the download because I got bored of waiting, I couldn't restart the download even after putting in the key again.

I've tried to contact IGN/Fileplanet over the billing but the'yre not responding with anything. On my other ticket regarding the key, they're saying to contact microsoft. I called Microsoft and they said they can't do anything besides telling me to call Fileplanet/IGN.

This is absolute bullshit that I'm -$40 down the tube with no working key on something that should've cost $15.00

Fuck Fileplanet and fuck IGN

Let me make this clear: I'm a highschool student who makes 15 dollars a week from tutoring (I get no allowance) and money's tight since this is the only money I get during the year. Heck, as a highschool student, what else do you spend money on besides food, movie tickets, and games?

update
I just tried to login to my xboxlive account after calling microsoft for help, and now my account is banned for 2 days. What the fuck?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Twenty two bucks in your checking account and you bought a video game? Pardon the expression but ...Dude, WTF?!?!?

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Confucius say, when you have $23 to your name, best not to spend $15 on video game.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: ironwing
Twenty two bucks in your checking account and you bought a video game? Pardon the expression but ...Dude, WTF?!?!?

Dude - I only get 15 dollars a week from tutoring a kid. And as a highschool student, I like to buy food and go out with people (I don't get allowance - only the money that I work for)

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Xylitol

Dude - I only get 15 dollars a week from tutoring a kid. And as a highschool student, I like to buy food and go out with people (I don't get allowance - only the money that I work for)

Don't buy food, and don't buy stuff when you go out with people? Its simple.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

Don't buy food, and don't buy stuff when you go out with people? Its simple.

I've been carefully watching how I spend my money so nothing like this would happen (no overcharging) when I buy things online. Also, when you go out with people, you're bound to buy things such as food... otherwise you get hungry...

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick

Its in the right forum. He's not talking about the game, just his financial mismanagement.

no - fileplanet/IGN's financial mismanagement for overcharging me (i clicked the subscribe button once to insure that nothing like this would happen - I remember this clearly)

Your debit card have a visa/mastercard logo on it? If so, you often have the same protectinos as a credit card, so do a chargeback. Might not get your over limit fees back though.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Fileplanet sucks and you know it. I can't believe you paid for whatever they're selling.

I will put up $5 just because I'm nice, though.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005

Its in the right forum. He's not talking about the game, just his financial mismanagement.

no - fileplanet/IGN's financial mismanagement for overcharging me (i clicked the subscribe button once to insure that nothing like this would happen - I remember this clearly)

Your debit card have a visa/mastercard logo on it? If so, you often have the same protectinos as a credit card, so do a chargeback. Might not get your over limit fees back though.

I'm giving IGN/fileplanet one last chance (giving them 2 more business days). If they keep not responding, I'm going to call my bank to chargeback

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
You should have stuck that handful of dollars in a high interest online savings account. Have you even maxed out your 401k this year? When I was a kid we didn't have fun, dollars, or videogames. You really need to get a jump-start on being a bitter, joyless old man.

/ATOT blowhard

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
So after calling microsoft earlier this evening... I decided to login and now I'm banned until 3/25/08
What the fuck?