f#$king annoying thing in diablo 2

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I love diablo2 but if you have gotten to act 3 you have to admit they went toooooo far with those annoying little people with the knife blades and the ones that shot the tiny arrows. GOD they are driving me nuts. i had not died at all til act 3 and I am half way done and have died 3 times. It was such a pain.

Anyways, how is everyone else doing in the game. I am a 22nd Level Paladin.

Jim

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Love it :) I just got it last night, and I am already on the 5th quest of act 1. I'm a level 8 Barbarian right now. I'm using the mace from Dark Raven and an axe that has a sapphire and ruby in it (adds both cold AND fire damage! bwuhaha!). I'm going to LOVE this game.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Just a little advice, remember that there are three tabs for your skills menu and don't take it lightly when choosing. When I started I didn't realize that there were three pages of skills until I was level 15. DOH. So I am just now getting skills that could have helped me alot early on. Also don't get attached to weapons. You will find much better armor and weapons without gems later on.

Last thing. Keep your gems from now on and don't do anything with them like put them in weapons. There comes a nice oppoturnity to use the gems later. :)

Jim

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Level 15 single with a necro - but been trying to do b.net. After getting to level 6 with sorceress and doing that very slowly I was like "Man, she sucks". Maybe she rocks later, but I picked up the barbarian and have been doing him on realm, and he RULES! He is a monster.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I would normally play a sorceress because that is the type of characters i like in books. Raistlin KICKS MASSIVE ASS. But i went with a Paladin because they have some magic type stuff and are a warrior so I could kick ass too.

:)

Jim

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
hehe I actually *read* the manual before jumping into the game, so I knew about the skill tabs :) I only used those 2 gems, I still have 3 more (another ruby, emerald, and an amenthyst). So far I have 2 levels of mastery in sword and mace, double swing, bash, and leap. (I want frenzy and whirlwind, dammit! :))

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
ok since you have read the manual and I have only glanced at it do you happen to know of an easy way to assign buttons to certain skills so you can change quickly?? I have two skills that I use alot together but having to use the mouse to switch between them sucks.

Jim

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Press F1-F8 to cycle. Look at the inside back cover for a quick reference :)

lordmo

Banned
Jan 16, 2000
slipperyslope:

to ease your troubles in Act III, go into town and buy a mercenary. Get one with 400 hit points and the 'fast cast' lightning i believe. I went with that mercenary as a paladin and he would freeze all those little razor jungle kids and i'd just take them out.

it's especially helpful versus the knife blade people who shoot fire.

lordmo

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I think you mean cold damage and I did use them. Too bad when I hit the areas with like 20 guys shooting little arrows they don't last long :)

I didn't even notice the quick reference. I don't pay attention to manuals too much.

Jim