Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
It seems that there have been issues the past few days where WU's are being submitted but results not counted, as described in this thread. I know I've been shorted a few WU's the last two days, including at least a 2124 and an 1862. Stupid me overreacted, tried to cut my losses on those boxes by removing the service, flushing the directory, and setting up fresh Folding installations. Clearly, this was NOT the smart thing to do, since I blew out the FAHlog so the WU's can't be traced. I'm not sure how many of my other PC's are losing credit since I don't have access to them all the time, but at least I know now not to do a fresh setup right off the bat.

Just a heads up to everyone to keep an eye on your machines.

CupCak3

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2005
Thanks for the info!

on a side note of other WU strangness.... i've been getting crappy "deadlineless" WU's on my new dual core folding box... i've setup the services for both cores 2x now telling it not to download dealineless WUs but it keeps happening.... that's all i get!!!! and to boot... my clock is correct also. Anyone else have this happen to them?

from my cfg

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=15
ignoredeadlines=no

Scott66

Feb 7, 2004

Had one 2414 WU get deleted on me with an ERROR 0x0 Client Core Error. Unfortunately is was 80% done and no partial credit. I just reloaded another workunit.

This is a first for me. Has anybody else had that happen to them and what would cause it?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
I've noticed that some servers seem to be ignoring MachineID. They don't send different WUs to me sometimes. They seem to be just looking at UserID in the registry. If I delete the UserID from the registry then I can get different WUs.
It's something to look at if you have missing credit. Maybe you crunched the same WU twice.

CupCak3, those are not deadlineless WUs like you would get if you set the client to deadlineless.

Scott66, I have had that happen a few times, not very often. There is a script or program that you can get from the F@H forum site that will automatically backup your folding directory however often you want it to.