F@H taking up "un-idle" cpu cycles

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
i run it on my work rig, notebook and gaming rig and this happens mostly on my gaming rig... i'll be trying to do something simple like open firefox or something and it takes forever and i open task manager and F@H is taking up like 80% of my cpu... wtf!!

its a 1.8GHZ Athlon64 S754 (2800+) 1.5GB DDR

pretty outdated but since i play mostly diablo2 and mvp baseball it's fine for me... but anyway just wondering if anyone else has this problem... it can get kinda annoying from time to time...

cheers!

Alex

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
You should be able to set the priority of the task in task manager to low. Should eliminate problems like this.

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
I wonder if it is folding or windows. I think its on of my biggest windows pet peeve when I'm waiting for an app to load and it takes days yet the processor is only getting used like 10%. I didn't spend all my money on a fast machine just to let it idle when I need the power! grrrr.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
hahaha
i don't really have that problem and my machine isn't all that powerful, more like avg for todays standards but i find that shutting down the F@H client usually solves things when i'm getting annoyed