f@h problem

Kaylya

Mar 20, 2004
My client appears to be stuck at the "attempting to get work packet" stage. It is showing me as having two finished WU's (what it should be - I'm new, on a fairly slow PC that isn't on all the time as it's a laptop), and shows the current WU as 100% complete. The stats page shows me as having only 1 WU complete. Any idea what the problem is?

I scanned through the FAQ and did a search of the forums and didn't find anything.

Edit: It sorted itself out. How long should it be taking in that 'attempting to get work packet' stage? It was there for at least 15 minutes, and probably a lot longer. I'm on a fast connection.

osage

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
are you able to connect to the internet ? if so restart the machine and it should try to connect to the server, check the log file.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
If you run the FAH CLI (not sure if the GUI can take this option also or not), use the -verbosity 9 switch (along with any others you might use) to make it write the server IPs to FAHLog.txt. Then, to help diagnose what might be the problem with a stuck WU, you can look up the IP in the log and go to this page to see if that server is down.

r0tt3n1

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2001
I had a stuck wu yesterday too. As jliechty correctly states (he's so reliable :)), it appears it was just a temporary Stanford server glitch.
The F@H client will automatically try to get and send wu's. When trying to get one, it will attempt to connect at ever lenghtening times. First a few seconds between attempts, then minutes etc... til it gets a unit. The longest one of my machines has ever gone was over 6 hours before being able to get a new wu. At that point the F@H client was re-trying every half hour automatically.