F@H how to get 50 hour WU to send results?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Console started another WU without sending the first one.

I first installed gui version and processed 5 WUs, works OK. Then decided to run a console also, I have HT P4 3.0c @3.3 (running console only changed gui frame time from 6 to 8 minutes, with console time 8). I added -local to the shortcuts in the Startup folder and each version is running from different folders. I made another shortcut in the console folder and added -send all, no go. I have a dial-up and connect @ 21.6Kbps, and would rather not let client connect auto.

Am I right in guessing that the file named wuresults_01.dat is the file that didn't get sent?
Is there anything I can do?
Do I have settings or something else wrong?
Will the next WU send results?

Thanks for any help.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
To check to see if the WU is still there, close down your CLI, go to a command prompt, CD to the folder that the F@H CLI is in (on my system, "cd \Program Files\Folding@Home"), and run this command:

fah4console -local -queueinfo

That will tell you what WUs are currently in queue - both the current one and other finished but unsent ones (if any). If you see a WU that has been completed but not sent, then you can run this command to try to force it to send:

fah4console -local -send all

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: jliechty
To check to see if the WU is still there, close down your CLI, go to a command prompt, CD to the folder that the F@H CLI is in (on my system, "cd \Program Files\Folding@Home"), and run this command:

fah4console -local -queueinfo

That will tell you what WUs are currently in queue - both the current one and other finished but unsent ones (if any). If you see a WU that has been completed but not sent, then you can run this command to try to force it to send:

fah4console -local -send all

Or fah3console .... depending on if you have upgraded to the new core or not.

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
BTW did you happen to notice if the WU was completely finished? The reason I ask is I had some problems before when I first started on my HT enabled PC's where one client would alwasy finish but would not "completly" finish. It would finish the last frame and then do absolutley nothing.

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Thanks jliechty!

I waited for the gui version to finish it's WU and send, then shut both down and did what you said and it worked. Need to remember the -local switch.

These first WUs are still exciting to do for a noob!

Is it possible to know how many points a WU is worth when you get it?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
orion7144 thanks for the reply!

After the gui version finished a WU and started a new one (which I stopped) I did the -queueinfo and it showed one done and one (I think it said) ready. I think it was completely finished because it started another WU. It just didn't send, I had tried an hour or so later in case it was the server. It must have been that I didn't have the -local switch?

Do I need to set the processor affinity each time for each instance, is there any advantage to doing that?

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
You can find a list of WUs with score information on this page.

And BTW, I think Windows should be able to sort out the processor affinity stuff itself, but you should wait to hear from one of our SMP gurus before taking my word for it. ;)