F@H: CRAP

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Heh. Well, that was smooth. I linked up 3 boxes to TeAm AT F@H this week, and just noticed that I'm not on the stats yet. Brought down 2 of the 3 due to Internet problems (Dialup, only have one dedicated line for the time being) today and went to investigate the problem on the third. Apparently, I've been submitting my WU's to team 192 instead of 198. Is there any way to fix this short of reinstalling the service?

bgeh

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Heh. Well, that was smooth. I linked up 3 boxes to TeAm AT F@H this week, and just noticed that I'm not on the stats yet. Brought down 2 of the 3 due to Internet problems (Dialup, only have one dedicated line for the time being) today and went to investigate the problem on the third. Apparently, I've been submitting my WU's to team 192 instead of 198. Is there any way to fix this short of reinstalling the service?

you just need to change the team number to 198
however, you can't recover those points. they cannot be taken back unfortunatly

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: bgeh
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
you just need to change the team number to 198
however, you can't recover those points. they cannot be taken back unfortunatly
To change the team number without reinstalling the service, just shut it down from the Services control panel (I assume you're talking about using the FireDaemon utility to run the F@H CLI as a NT service), open a command prompt, go to your F@H folder ("cd \program files\folding@Home" or something like that) and run "fah3console -config" to enter the proper information. Then restart the service when you're done. Very unfortunately, bgeh is right about the way the F@H stats work. Unlike SETI, for better or for worse, once a WU is submitted, it is permanently "stuck" to that username and team.

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
I know your pain, I discovered that I'd accidentally set up my daughters comp for team 1980...it crunched over a hundred wu's before I caught it...:(