F@H 6 Can't Set Up Service

geokilla

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2006
I tried installing F@H on my cousin's laptop just now, and I'm using the console based version. F@H recently released newer versions, version 6 and now I can't seem to install it as a service on the laptop. I checked Windows, and it says that my cousin's account is Administrator, so I should be able to install it as a service with no problems. Anyone know what to do here?

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
There are some how-to threads in Gleems 24 hour stat postings. (MDE version talks about the CLI install)

Another good how-to thread is at the folding forums (look for the link at the top of the forum list)

We need a little more info to help directly here. What's the OS, what steps did you use to do your install, anything you can tell us.

(did you completely uninstall your previous version?)

-Sid

geokilla

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2006
It's a fresh install, and I believe MDE's (sorry if it's wrong user) how-to guide doesn't work as well anymore with the new F@H client. When I selected install as a service, it wouldn't install as a service. I check the worklog, and it says that my cousin's laptop doesn't have admin privileges.

I'm trying to install it in Windows Vista for his laptop. However, I don't have his laptop with me, and I won't be able to install it on his laptop for at least another month. I've read that some people have this problem as well though.