>RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
>STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
>EXPERIENCE OF YEARS
>
>
>
>Managed it?
>
>Scroll down only after you have counted them!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>OK?
>
>
>How many?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Three?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Wrong, there are six - no joke!
>
>
>
>Read again!
>
>
>
>
>FINISHED FILES ARE THE
>RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
>STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
>EXPERIENCE OF YEARS
>
>
>
>The reasoning is further down...
>
>The brain cannot process the word "OF".
>
>
>Incredible or what?
>
jokersmoker

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
:Q joker with a repost?! :D j/k man....we know its not like you hang out here in OT like all of us nefs. that is crazy though...i am sure there are a lot of people that haven't seen it.

roboninja

Dec 7, 2000
Am I worse, or better? I counted 4; for some reason I counted the last "of", but not the other 2. Strangeness...

Jan 18, 2001
actually counting only 3 means that you are smart. so smart that you have automated the reading process to the point that it is almost beyond conscience control.

hehe i guess you can tell, i counted 3 too

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999

<< actually counting only 3 means that you are smart. so smart that you have automated the reading process to the point that it is almost beyond conscience control.

hehe i guess you can tell, i counted 3 too
>>

You may be onto something. I got 6, but I read slow. :(

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

<< actually counting only 3 means that you are smart. so smart that you have automated the reading process to the point that it is almost beyond [ conscious ] control. >>

Exactly -- I got 6 because I knew it was an optical-illusion style mind trick so I turned off my normal reading process and switched to proofreading mode (whirrr, click).

The brain is (or can be) set up to skim passages skipping useless words like "of" and "the" just like it filters out other input you don't care about (background noise, etc).

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I got 3 the very first time I saw this (an email once) but 6 every time since and I make sassy comments about how everyone should get 6 the first time.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I got 2 :eek:. Then I cleverly read it again and got 3 :D I was all like "Ah ha! They wanted me to miss the F in 'scientific'. Well I'm better than this clown I found all 3!"

:eek:

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I counted seven "Fs" :Q

The first time I ever saw this, I got 5. For some reason I saw the first two "ofs" but skipped over the last one.