Extremist are Intensifying Calls for Violence.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Edit: Saw on TV last night (Sunday, 1-10-2021) that they're putting up (probably up already) an unscalable fence around the Capitol building that's going to remain in place for 30 days.

Let's hope that isn't the only thing they've done. Other buildings may be at risk, such as the Supreme Court. Just securing the capitol building is being reactive rather than proactive.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The Trumpers I know are 100% in favor of a military coup to maintain Trump as President. Or Dictator in this case.
They openly demand that our Democracy end, and they hope Trump uses special forces to arrest his political opponents before the 20th.
The calls for violence in America ARE intense.
You know some nutty people. What do you make of this? I don't think it will amount to much. I mean, what can they do? The FBI must be all over this right now. Social media accounts are being shut down willy nilly. The Capitol is unassailable right now with the fence they just put up. The White House will be impregnable. Any attackers will pay dearly. Trouble is, there are a lot of misguided, frustrated, uninformed and foolish people around, clearly. Too fucking bad for them. They will reap exactly what they have sown: frustration.

Reactions: loafbred

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Let's hope that isn't the only thing they've done. Other buildings may be at risk, such as the Supreme Court. Just securing the capitol building is being reactive rather than proactive.
If it were up to Trump, they would sit on their hands. But it's not. I think we'll find that out.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
nah...the House MIGHT get him impeached, but Mitch has said the Senate won't be able to take it up until AT LEAST the 19th...so unless Pence and the cabinet grow balls and 25th him...he'll be right there in his golden throne room until noon on the 25th.

January 20, 2021, 12:01 PM EST.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Evidently there will be at least 10,000 national guard in the capitol on inauguration day. DC mayor is advising people to stay away from DC that day.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm glad the National Guard will be there. Even last week I couldn't help but think that the rooftop snipers might be nervous at Biden's inauguration, since they may actually have to use their weapons.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
What happens if they show up and outnumber and/or outgun law enforcement? Does law enforcement just retreat? Do they JOIN them? That's what I fear will happen in more than one location.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Evidently there will be at least 10,000 national guard in the capitol on inauguration day. DC mayor is advising people to stay away from DC that day.

That's to prevent Biden's inauguration from having more people attend than Trump did...

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Edit: Saw on TV last night (Sunday, 1-10-2021) that they're putting up (probably up already) an unscalable fence around the Capitol building that's going to remain in place for 30 days.
4 Years of Trump and we now have a Green Zone for the US Capitol.

MAGA

Reactions: dawp

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
What ever happened to the unscalable wall that Trump had errected around the White House just before the election? Still there? Or like the other "unsalable" wall Trump had erected, did it just blow over in a storm.

turtile

Aug 19, 2014

It was complete when I walked passed it on Friday morning. NG all around the perimeter. A fit person could easily jump it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What happens if they show up and outnumber and/or outgun law enforcement? Does law enforcement just retreat? Do they JOIN them? That's what I fear will happen in more than one location.

Just doing your usual to flood the zone, huh?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If they outnumber and outgun 15,000 nation guard?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It's 7 ft tall, so "jump" isn't the right verb.
At one point, I could grab the top of a 7' tall fence and pull myself up and over, probably in just a couple of seconds. Today I could still grab it, but it ends there.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
At one point, I could grab the top of a 7' tall fence and pull myself up and over, probably in just a couple of seconds. Today I could still grab it, but it ends there.
Thirty years ago I could, but I'd think twice if there was a guy with a nightstick and a gun waiting for me!
Its hard to charge the barricades when most of your buddies are stuck the other side of the fence, some are stuck on top and a significant proportion broke an ankle on the way down!
Remember we are talking about people here that manage to taze themselves to death!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It was complete when I walked passed it on Friday morning. NG all around the perimeter. A fit person could easily jump it.
7 feet tall. How many of these fit people will jump it to find themselves facing the security within? They will wind up with their hands tied behind their backs and facing charges. I so hope the insurrectionists will come to regret their participation, every single one. Including Trump. This is not something to be treated lightly with a slap of the wrist. This is to be nipped in the bud!

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
If they outnumber and outgun 15,000 nation guard?
The National guard isn't allowed to have guns in DC.. They are "considering" allowing them to have them from what I read, but normally, they are not allowed because DC is a gun free zone.