Extremely alarming. Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden, Democrats. Yea, our democracy is safe all right.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
'Disturbing and reckless': Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden, Democrats - POLITICO

The open letter on Monday from a group calling itself Flag Officers 4 America advanced the false conspiracy theory that the presidential vote was rigged in Biden's favor and warned that the nation is "in deep peril" from "a full-blown assault on our Constitutional rights."

This is truly scary.

A bunch of old white guys addicted to foxnews signed piece comprised of Fox and Friends talking points and little other substance.
My guess is that "Flag Officers 4 America" is another weak ass conservative content generator trying to generate a counter to all the letters and comments issued by former officers against Trump. Write it up and petition a bunch of old farts to sign their name to it.

Find me the actual author of the piece.

Feb 4, 2009
Personally I think Russia and/or China are targeting these folks with social media propaganda.
I think the same is happening with Q folks and stop the steal folks.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Personally I think Russia and/or China are targeting these folks with social media propaganda.
Wouldn't surprised me at all. The return on investment is huge. Who needs to fight off carrier battle groups when a handful of online trolls can sway the mindset of a significant portion of a population?

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Fracturing of military loyalty?

Just the tip of the iceberg, I'm afraid. Expect more incendiary rhetoric like this in the years to come.

Question is, will something like this ever come from ACTIVE duty military? And what will that lead to?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Maybe we can strip them of their retirements etc. since they are traitors now. The government (appointed by Trump) has already ruled the election was safe etc.

That'll shut these fuckers up.
Nah, they have as much right to be dickheads as anyone else. If we stripped retirees of benefits every time a retiree said something stupid, we, um, er, could balance the federal budget. Hmmm.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

The astounding thing to my mind is that the people most obviously infected by this stupendous cult-level, altered-reality insanity are just those sorts of people who imagine themselves to be level-headed, independent-thinking rugged-individualists. They are puppets that have handed all of their strings to a Pied Piper.

The hidden side of such mentality will be an unconscious desire to enslave others. We see that manifesting everywhere in Republican politics. They will definitely go for control of the military.

The problem, I believe, is that Democrats fall for Republicans bluster as toughness rather than calling it for what it is, collective insecurity commonly known as behind herd mentality. Republicans are cowards and weaklings. They can’t face reality.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I haven't seen any honest evidence that the Chinese are messing with our heads, setting us against each other. It's very much what the Russians have been doing to the West since forever. They're really good at it. Exploit social media in new & audacious ways nobody else dreamed of in 2016. Blend it with some hacking to create that special sauce. Exploit the fault lines in a target society, promote the most divisive elements. Weaken their adversaries by flooding the zone continuously with disinformation. Trump may have dreamed up "Stop the Steal!" but I'm confident the Russians are playing it up. And the GOP leadership, craven fools that they are, just keep demonizing the opposition.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The astounding thing to my mind is that the people most obviously infected by this stupendous cult-level, altered-reality insanity are just those sorts of people who imagine themselves to be level-headed, independent-thinking rugged-individualists. They are puppets that have handed all of their strings to a Pied Piper.

The hidden side of such mentality will be an unconscious desire to enslave others. We see that manifesting everywhere in Republican politics. They will definitely go for control of the military.

The problem, I believe, is that Democrats fall for Republicans bluster as toughness rather than calling it for what it is, collective insecurity commonly known as behind herd mentality. Republicans are cowards and weaklings. They can’t face reality.
Yea, it's really strange, oh, like the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Gen. Michael Flynn.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
500.000 dead of your countrymen later and anyone in doubt he gives two fucks about anything but the continuation of the grift?
If Dominion can sure ie. newsmax, why the hell cant everyone else? That Manchin guy needs to come around. Fast.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Just another flavor of right wing idiot reminiscent of the Dr Strangelove character, Gen Ripper. I mean, let's face it, pensions for flag officers are one of the niftiest bits of soshulism ever created.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I haven't seen any honest evidence that the Chinese are messing with our heads, setting us against each other. It's very much what the Russians have been doing to the West since forever. They're really good at it. Exploit social media in new & audacious ways nobody else dreamed of in 2016. Blend it with some hacking to create that special sauce. Exploit the fault lines in a target society, promote the most divisive elements. Weaken their adversaries by flooding the zone continuously with disinformation. Trump may have dreamed up "Stop the Steal!" but I'm confident the Russians are playing it up. And the GOP leadership, craven fools that they are, just keep demonizing the opposition.

I find it very weird how much more effective at it they seem to be now than they were back during the cold war. Maybe because they are no longer constrained by anything resembling an ideological principle? Now it doesn't seem to involve anything beyond "what's good for Putin."

As Welshbloke mentioned, something very similar seems to be happening in France

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I find it very weird how much more effective at it they seem to be now than they were back during the cold war. Maybe because they are no longer constrained by anything resembling an ideological principle? Now it doesn't seem to involve anything beyond "what's good for Putin."

As Welshbloke mentioned, something very similar seems to be happening in France

They're poisoning Democracy everywhere they can. Divide & conquer. Make target populations incapable of making rational decisions with a constant barrage of lies & disinformation. Depend on the useful idiots among them to promulgate it. They're Trump's natural allies.