Explosion on I-95

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
MAJOR TRAFFIC ACCIDENT HAS SHUT DOWN 1-95 NORTH AT THE BALTIMORE/HOWARD COUNTY LINE - JUST SHY OF THE I-96/I-895 JUNCTION. ALL SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC IMPACTED AS WELL. I-95 IS A PARKING LOT. A TANKER TRUCK HAS EXPLODED AFTER LEAVING AN OVERHEAD RAMP AND FALLING ONTO VEHICLES ON 1-95. FATALITIES/MASS CASUALTY EXPECTED - CURRENT OPERATIONS ARE WITH FIRE SUPRESSION BY THE BWI FOAM TRUCK. INITIAL FIRE BALL REPORTED TO BE 80100 FEET HIGH..

I-95 is the major north/south interstate for the east coast.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
repost by 20 seconds :)

i just posted this

I-95 runs all along the east coast

the accident is around baltimore and there is no northbound or southbound traffic

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: mchammer187
i posted first yet my thread was locked :(

Sorry dude, I guess I was writing mine as yours was posted. I don't care about which stays, that doesn't matter to me.

Edit: It's not on any of the news websites yet. It's on the local news here (Baltimore) and it's just a massive explosion. The entire highway is shut down but the fire appears to be out now. It's all covered with foam. Just a gigantic blast/burned radius covering the entire highway.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
WOW, that sounds bad.

hope it gets cleared up soon. ya, the baltimore/dc thing is HORRIBLE, worst traffic in the US and that INCLUDES all the NY/NJ tunnels.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: lRageATMl
<= fvcked on the commute home

i feel sorry for you the traffic is bad enough as it is without any accidents at all

luckily I am north of by 20 or so miles and will be traveling north as well

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
I give FOX News 5 minutes to start speculating whether this was an act of "terrorism" or not.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: hamburglar
Originally posted by: mchammer187
i posted first yet my thread was locked :(

what's the big deal?

The big deal is they're going start making a huge fuss about it possibly being terrorism. Trust me this will be all over the news tonight.