Explain the Republican logic in supporting McCain

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trying to use a little common sense in understanding this...

Here's are the facts.
1. Republicans think GW Bush is better then McCain voting for Bush over McCain in 2000
2. The Bush presidency has been a failure. Most will call this fact.
3. They are now supporting McCain who in their eyes is not as good as Bush.

I don't get it.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Could it be that they have recognized the error they made in 2000 and want to make amends?

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
I can play this fun little game, as well:

1. Bill Clinton was the best Democratic president of our lifetime.
2. Hillary will make just as good of a President as Bill, since she will have
Bill's experience and counsel close to her, which is an advantage the young
Bill Clinton did have when he took office in 1992.
3. Democrats rejected Hillary in favor of a relative political novice with no foreign-leadership or executive experience, on the hope that he could have as good of a Presidency as Bill Clinton did.

I don't get it.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: QED

3. Democrats rejected Hillary in favor of a relative political novice with no foreign-leadership or executive experience, on the hope that he could have as good of a Presidency as Bill Clinton did.

I don't get it.

:thumbsup:

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Originally posted by: winnar111
2 is an opinion, not a fact.

Please explain again the brilliant "successes" of the Bush administration.

1) No terrorist attacks on US Soil.
2) Veto'd a bunch of feces bills that Democrats wanted to pass.

Beyond that, if you can't see disposing of Saddam after several years of violating many UN resolutions and being an evil SOB, there's hardly any point in bringing that up to a democrat who 1) Can't tell the difference between evil and a hole in the ground and 2) when they do recognize evil, are too cowardly or too selfish to act on other's behalves.

Getting rid of Saddam was a big, big plus for me for Bush. Whether you want to admit it or not, it was a positive force in the universe and as long as we keep liberals out of power, we can keep doing as long as there are evil SOB's who defy the world and their people.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I don't get it.
Except #2 is a prediction of the future. Mine is based on history.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Try to explain why McCain is a good pick to one of the top partisan hacks on the forum?

Sure...right after I convince the Taliban that women arnt property.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008

The fact that he kept the climate change monkey Al Gore out of office is good enough for me.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985
Try to explain why McCain is a good pick to one of the top partisan hacks on the forum?

Give it a try, it'd be different than you going from one thread to another just attacking members.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Give it a try

I think I'll save my breath, since we all know HomerJS isnt looking for actual reasons for why McCain is a good candidate.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006

I don't get it.

Its racism, no wait, it sexism!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
your #1 starts with flawed logic... it was mostly republicans in South Carolina; McCain was done after that.

Bush mostly won the primaries after that on name recognition.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Give it a try

I think I'll save my breath, since we all know HomerJS isnt looking for actual reasons for why McCain is a good candidate.
Homer isn't the only person who reads these threads. If all you are going to do is go from one thread to another attacking members and not even bother commenting on the topics why even bother? It's one thing to mix in a few zingers while posting about the topic but just posting to attack members is nothing but being a Troll.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I asked and answered this question here.

Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink and a fool convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

The human psyche is a sad sad thing. Reason and intelligence serve but a single function, to justify and establish rationalizations for why whatever bigotry one picks up via traumatic programming as a child is the one and only absolute truth.

Humanity is a war of competing bigoted robot machines and is totally asleep to reality. Reason and logic are of value to only a tiny number of people.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Bush isn't a failure. He successfully prosecuted the war on terror, removed two evil regimes from power, brought democracy to foreign lands plus he can see into peoples souls.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink and a fool convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

The human psyche is a sad sad thing. Reason and intelligence serve but a single function, to justify and establish rationalizations for why whatever bigotry one picks up via traumatic programming as a child is the one and only absolute truth.

Humanity is a war of competing bigoted robot machines and is totally asleep to reality. Reason and logic are of value to only a tiny number of people.

I wish I was smart enough to understand the stuff you say. Until then I guess I'll just cling to faith and guns. :(

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Nebor

I wish I was smart enough to understand the stuff you say. Until then I guess I'll just cling to faith and guns. :(

cling for dear life Nebor.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Duwelon
1) No terrorist attacks on US Soil.
When you set up a killing field for U.S. troops in Iraq and invite terrorists to kill all the Americans they want over there (remember President Bush's "bring it on!" challenge?), there is little reason for them to rush back over here. You may also remember that after the 1993 WTC bombing, Islamic terrorists didn't attack us here again until 2001; by that measure, we weren't due again until 2009.

After signing 6 years worth of Republican feces bills.

Beyond that, if you can't see disposing of Saddam after several years of violating many UN resolutions and being an evil SOB, there's hardly any point in bringing that up to a democrat who 1) Can't tell the difference between evil and a hole in the ground and 2) when they do recognize evil, are too cowardly or too selfish to act on other's behalves.
Getting rid of Saddam was a big, big plus for me for Bush.
IMHO, the whole Iraq invasion was all about "winning" something in the "War on Terror". GWB & Company had resolved themselves to the fact they were probably never going to catch up to bin Laden, and needed a "victory" for the 2004 campaign. Saddam Hussein was a "bad guy" they could easily sell to the American public, and they really believed their own rhetoric about being greeted by the Iraqi people with open arms. Saddam Hussein's Iraq was a threat, but it was a minor threat to the United States, and a contained threat that could have been kept contained.

Whether you want to admit it or not, it was a positive force in the universe and as long as we keep liberals out of power, we can keep doing as long as there are evil SOB's who defy the world and their people.
What about all the other evil SOBs that the Bush administration has left in power? Are you happy about them?
Also, nice "liberal" attack. Who do you get your "liberal" StrawMan from? Is it the Hannity model? The O'Reilly model? Coulter? Limbaugh?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
The fact that he kept the climate change monkey Al Gore out of office is good enough for me.

I guess your President still benefits from "the soft bigotry of low expectations". You do indeed set the bar very very low.

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007

After signing 6 years worth of Republican feces bills.

I don't want 6 years of Obama signing feces bills from the democrats. Neither party is headed in a direction I like so I'm hoping that my vote will at least slow down the changes I disapprove of.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Nebor

I wish, like me, you had some actual idea of how stupid you are.

mikelish

Apr 26, 2003
I am voting for McCain for the simple fact I think he is the least worst candidate. As was Bush in 04 when I voted for him then.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: mikelish
I am voting for McCain for the simple fact I think he is the least worst candidate. As was Bush in 04 when I voted for him then.
And look how that turned out.