[Expired] TechNet Plus subscription $99 for students

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Ordered on the 18th, got my access information in an email today on the 21st.

Kinda wish they had all microsoft legacy operating systems. Would like a legit copy of Windows 2000 for some older computers I have.

Also no Visual Studio :(

Aug 11, 2004
Originally posted by: EarthwormJim

Kinda wish they had all microsoft legacy operating systems. Would like a legit copy of Windows 2000 for some older computers I have.

I wished they had VS as well, must be specific to MSDN :(

I've already downloaded Office, OneNote, currently grabbing Vista and Project.... yay the workstation will live this weekend ;)

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Might I again say thank you to the OP, dude this is working out to be one of the better deals Ive ever scored on AT HD's. :)

Aug 11, 2004
Originally posted by: kovboi
Originally posted by: AAjax
Might I again say thank you to the OP, dude this is working out to be one of the better deals Ive ever scored on AT HD's. :)

QFT

QFT x 2 :)

Seriously, it allowed me to sell off my new copy of Vista for $150 that I had bought on Ebay, and now I can run Vista + Office and check out some of the other cool software that is up there like Visio and Project.

Mythman

Jun 30, 2000

I think I saw it install when I downloaded Visio Pro and installed it or Office 2007 - can't remember which.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Got my info over the weekend. Downloaded Server 08, Exchange 07, ISA 06, Office 07, and Vista Ultimate lastnight.

Nov 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Mythman

I think I saw it install when I downloaded Visio Pro and installed it or Office 2007 - can't remember which.

From what I understand, technet doesn't have any development tools, e.g., Visual Studio. You need an MSDN account to get those.

WilhelmII

Mar 1, 2002
Originally posted by: typhoid
Originally posted by: Mythman

From what I understand, technet doesn't have any development tools, e.g., Visual Studio. You need an MSDN account to get those.

If you really are a student, you can get the developer tools free through MSDN DreamSpark.
This one does verify student status. It did it automatically through journeyed.com.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/">https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/</a>