(expected) Dem House minority leader Hakeem Jeffries will lead. (expected) Repub majority leader McCarthy will follow

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

McCarthy remains hostage to the Christian nationalist base and the MAGA members who prioritize conflict with the Biden administration over governance.
Jeffries, on the other hand, has broad appeal in his party and displays maturity and focus.

McCarthy is widely regarded (by Democrats, many Republicans, the White House and the media) as a weak leader.
He is seen as a glad hander who is willing to prostrate himself before the most unhinged elements in the party.
As Kinzinger (house Repub) put it, “I think he has cut so many deals with bad people to get to this position that I think he’s not going to be a leader at all. … And I, frankly, don’t think he’s going to last very long.”

Basically, Dem unity will be maintained under Jefferies leadership.
McCarthy might want to follow Jeffries leadership style in hopes of having some resemblance of GOP unity.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Been checking out a few articles on Jefferies. If this one is accurate, not all that great

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
We'll see on his politics, otherwise Jefferies is as personable as a wet rag.

Pelosi stepping down looks to be a huge loss.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

McCarthy remains hostage to the Christian nationalist base and the MAGA members who prioritize conflict with the Biden administration over governance.
Jeffries, on the other hand, has broad appeal in his party and displays maturity and focus.

McCarthy is widely regarded (by Democrats, many Republicans, the White House and the media) as a weak leader.
He is seen as a glad hander who is willing to prostrate himself before the most unhinged elements in the party.
As Kinzinger (house Repub) put it, “I think he has cut so many deals with bad people to get to this position that I think he’s not going to be a leader at all. … And I, frankly, don’t think he’s going to last very long.”

Basically, Dem unity will be maintained under Jefferies leadership.
McCarthy might want to follow Jeffries leadership style in hopes of having some resemblance of GOP unity.
Weak leader? How about the most useless mind numbingly dumb person to show up in Republican leadership since I've been paying attention. This will be entertaining.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Can't wait for the Repubs in the House to pass meaningful legislation that will give the middle class and the poor of the nation affordable health care for all, better opportunities in the way of jobs, education and tax relief among other things that they could do for the working class folks of the nation.

Yeah, sure. Just who the fuck am I trying to kid. LOL

Reactions: iRONic and hal2kilo