Excuse me while I recover from my heart attack....

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Just had a MASSIVE power surge here at the shop (the numbnuts road crew a half block away) and, of course, systems all around crashed hard; rack and server included. Okay, no big deal, just a hassle rebooting everything. I get all the Windows machines back up, and head over to the rack.

Reboot the server first: Kernel panic! Cannot mount file system, blah, blah. ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!! Reboot a couple times, same thing. Okay, I'm thinking, I'd dead meat. I'm a damned newbie, for pete's sake!!!! Like I'll EVER be able to figure this out.

So, I'm sitting here stewing on it and wondering how the hell I'm going to get back in action and I glance over at the server and think, "HMM...what's that floppy disk doing in the drive?" HeHe, I was testing an ealier version of Klinux that didn't work and forgot about the disk.

Damn, do I feel stupid (but, happy:)).

Russ, NCNE

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Russ - if you've made an emergency recovery disk, and you did have a "corrupted" filesyste, you probably could ahve still recovered. _Running Linux_ has good instructions there.

Glad it was the old "floppy left in the disk drive" problem instead.

Michael

SYST3M

Apr 18, 2000
he he he, nice to know that the borg can have human emotions too. Thanks for the good laugh Russ, and it is glad to know that everything is ok!

Kilowatt

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
lol....you'll need to save that disk, and put my "New Improved Klinux" on it.

OK, I'll join the club.
I've been workin on the above said "New Improved Klinux".
I got done with the 3com versions, and noticed I forgot to change the startup screen.
3 out of 4 versions will have to be redone. :eek:

So Russ, I take it your server rebooted OK, and "Un-fscked" itself.

SpaceWalker

Oct 13, 1999
DOHHHHHH

I'm not just a member....I'm also the president.........NOT!!!!!:)

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo.................