Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Last I read was that Gates is being squeezed due to his wife actually moving some of the money around. They're using her as leverage.

This sounds exactly like what K1052 posted last week about one of those prosecutors on Mueller's team that lead the Enron prosecution squeezing Skilling through his wife's money-handling to get him to squeal about the whole thing.

Seems these white-collar criminals are so predictable: get the wife on the hook for your misdeeds because while you may need her extra hands to get around daily minimum transfers or whatever, "she sure as shit better be going down with me!"

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
This is one of the biggest risks we have and it’s not mentioned enough. While at the moment it is ‘he said she said’ and America might never know what happened in that meeting (and with other Trump/Russia interactions) it is quite likely that the Russians know exactly what went on in those meetings and have documents or recordings to prove it. This makes the entire administration highly susceptible to blackmail, just as Flynn was.

‘We can get your son sent to prison and maybe you thrown out of office’ is a pretty good bargaining chip.
Let us not forget father and son are scumbags through and through. I think it important we keep that in mind.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Knowing you're boned is the ideal time to get a lawyer, they help reduce your incarceration. Only an idiot or a madman wouldn't lawyer up if they knew they were on the hook for something.
True enough. Page is devoting a fair amount of time proving he's an idiot. Many are indeed questioning his sanity.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Trying to figure out if she is hot or not. Sometimes she looks great other times she looks frumpy. I just don't know for sure.
This is typical of Slavic Russian women and how they age. They can be super hot when young, but at some point in their mid to late 30s the "babushka" gene gets triggered and they will immediately age 30+ years and end up looking like this:
old-woman-babushka.jpg

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
True enough. Page is devoting a fair amount of time proving he's an idiot. Many are indeed questioning his sanity.

i see Page as a Russian patsy, they are pulling his puppet strings and he doesn't have a clue about it.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
So about that dossier...

It was said initially that the whole thing was a lie. Then some details started to look plausible. Then some things really fell into place. Now it looks like parts of it have been corroborated as fact.

The most salacious charge, that of a "golden showers" tape of Trump and Russian hookers, is still uncorroborated. Trump's bodyguard testified to Congress recently that the Russians did offer Trump prostitutes. He said the offer was declined and taken as a joke.

Knowing how these things seem to go it seems to me like this is the first step to finding out it's all true. The body guard could be telling the truth and HE declined the offer but someone else accepted on Trump's behalf. Or perhaps the body guard is lying. Kind of like "We had no contact with the Russians. Ok, we had one contact. Ok, it was actually 5 but we only talked about adoptions. OK, they mentioned dirt on our opponent but we said no. OK, someone said yes but they were a low level volunteer..."

Jan 25, 2011
The testimony by Schiller doesn't really do much but show the potential lengths that Russia will go to compromise prominent people. Beyond that is still pure conjecture.

Okay maybe it lends some groundwork to where the rumour came from. But that's still a stretch.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Also, it appears as though the "opposition research" offered to Trump Jr., Manafort and Kushner by Natalia Veselnitskaya was in fact a dossier of "negative information related to Hillary Clinton and Clinton Foundation donors" created by...

Fusion GPS

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Also, it appears as though the "opposition research" offered to Trump Jr., Manafort and Kushner by Natalia Veselnitskaya was in fact a dossier of "negative information related to Hillary Clinton and Clinton Foundation donors" created by...

Fusion GPS

Is your thinking that fusion GPS may be a compromise third party?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Fusion GPS

And the proof of that is...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
i'll take a shot at that, Faux News has been reporting that Natalia met with them before and after the Trump Jr meeting.
I found the source. The spin applied to this story elsewhere promises to be fantastic-

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-of-dossier-firms-work-sources-idUSKBN1D937W

Even if true it still points to complicity with Trump's team... Where is this 4 page memo about Boyd Browder that Fusion GPS supposedly wrote for Baker-Hostetler that supposedly found its way to the Russians? Why would it even be relevant?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
i'll take a shot at that, Faux News has been reporting that Natalia met with them before and after the Trump Jr meeting.

Correct, that's what Faux is saying. That's the "Report" that Sactoking's link is referring to w/o attribution.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Reactions: ch33zw1z