Exchange 2007 migration

Oct 29, 2015
So I'm looking to find out what other people's experiences have been in migrating from an old version of Exchange to a more current one. So please if i state something wrong please let me know.
I have a site that has been clinging to their 2007 Exchange server, which has been alright for them. But with Outlook 2013 beginning to dry up in availability, I know they are going to be forced to upgrade once 2013 it's no longer available.

I've been looking into the ins and outs of doing the migration and it appears I must do this in hops, from 2007 to 2013, 2013 to 2016, and then 2016 to 2019. So right off the bat I realize I'm in for a bit of a battle to track down installers for 2013 and 2016, I'm figuring there must be a trial installation I can use. If you guys know whether that's true or not please let me know, or if there are any other workarounds for this.

Also this site has a utility installed on this server call POPCON, not sure of what version it is. From what I understand of this software it connects the Exchange server to the online mailbox. I've messaged POPCON's site to see if there is any kind of compatibility issues with the currently installed version and the new Exchange servers. But I'd love to hear from anyone whose had experience with POPCON and migrations or if POPCON is even needed anymore.