• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Excellent opinion piece in the Washington Post about black voters

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
As much as it pains me to praise this Bezos owned rag, I thought this was excellent. Some of the later points didn't strike me as important as the earlier ones, but the most important is the perception that black voters are very liberal. The writer points out that within the Democratic party, black voters tend to be more conservative than white voters. The obvious reason is that there is no realistic alternative for moderate or conservative black people, the Republican party is openly racist (my own comment - not from the article), and we have a two party system. There are other reasons the writer goes into.

Reactions: Thebobo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well yeah that community tends to be much more homophobic for starters. I think they tend to be a bit more religious these days as well.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's an interesting take on the black community. It's a group that's almost universally presented as a monolithic block, and generally following "black leaders" that achieve that status through means that I've never heard articulated.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It's an interesting take on the black community. It's a group that's almost universally presented as a monolithic block, and generally following "black leaders" that achieve that status through means that I've never heard articulated.
Preaching, mostly. WTF do you think Kanye hooked up with that grifter? Not the grifter in the WH but the other grifter with the megachurch.

ASK THE COMMUNITY