Excel (2007) Find Diagloue Box Default Position

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I have two monitors and have excel on my left hand monitor. Every time I open the FIND dialogue box, it always opens on the right hand monitor and I have to drag it over to the left...

Even if I drag it to the left monitor where I want it, save my spreadsheet, close Excel and then re-open it and then open the FIND dialague box, it opens on the right monitor again...

Is there anyway to specify where the FIND dialogue box will open?

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
What video card are you using, nvidia has the pop up dialog, ie on cursor or always on monitor 1 / 2

I have two monitors and have excel on my left hand monitor. Every time I open the FIND dialogue box, it always opens on the right hand monitor and I have to drag it over to the left...

Even if I drag it to the left monitor where I want it, save my spreadsheet, close Excel and then re-open it and then open the FIND dialague box, it opens on the right monitor again...

Is there anyway to specify where the FIND dialogue box will open?

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
What video card are you using, nvidia has the pop up dialog, ie on cursor or always on monitor 1 / 2

This for my work HP laptop on docking station with a two monitors, one VGA/one DVI...

ATI card (cannot remember which one off the top of my head)...

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Many times, those dialogs will open in the cetner of the primary monitor.
The right monitor I suspect has been defined as the primary.

Try to define the left monitor as primary.