Ex-Playboy Model, Freed From Contract, Can Discuss Alleged Trump Affair

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Polygamy has been the standard practice for men ever since we evolved from apes. Or even when we were apes for that matter. It is only in the last few hundred years or so this has been not the case, that too only in certain parts of the world. So one side side is an age old practice and on the other a new social construct.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Polygamy has been the standard practice for men ever since we evolved from apes. Or even when we were apes for that matter. It is only in the last few hundred years or so this has been not the case, that too only in certain parts of the world. So one side side is an age old practice and on the other a new social construct.

There's no argument about past accepted behaviors but that doesn't change the fact that those are not generally accepted now.

Then there is the "family values" that some project as being sacred, but then violate and then justify as seen on the right with Evangelicals and the image the main Republicans used to project.

But further, there's a breach of trust in illegal acts of concealment which landed Bill in trouble.

Now we have unprecedented attempts to obfuscate, deny, and attack those who have credible evidence sufficient to convince a judge to allow a raid on three properties. No, a raid on three properties of an attorney. No still, a raid on three properties of an attorney of the Officeholder of the President of the United States. Prosecutors had to take this to a judge who full well knew that this was a unique nuclear bomb of a situation and those investigated look worse by the day, even hour at times.

And all of the most recent issues with Cohen stem back to Trump's embrace of a standard of hundreds of years ago.

It's never the sex, it's the coverup.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What they have in common is that none of the acts were illegal. Special counsels are endless investigations looking for a crime. They nailed Bill Clinton for lying under oath, as perjury traps are intended to do. I suspect they'll catch Trump the same way. There are a trout line of perjury traps laying for testimony under oath.
The way these things are done should bug anyone, whether you're left or right.

well, you have to recall that the other major difference is that this was catching Bill, and Bill only in what he had said. For Trump, this isn't just perjury because in the totality of the investigation, he is likely facing obstruction charges and it isn't just him: his buddies have already been indicted several times over for various crimes, with likely more to come. All of them have information on Trump.

Recall that the Lewinsky affair started with Ken Starr and ~2+ years delving into Whitewater and the litany of other bullshit GOP-constructed scandals, having found nothing of any substance. Starr pivoted over to BJs, and found something; but only BJs--none of that was related to his initial investigation of "high crimes."
Now with Trump, these ladies are simply part of the overall story, where the initial subject of the investigation, in less than a year's time, has already lead to a dozen or so indictments across 5? individuals, at least 2 FBI raids on close allies of Trump (and now--the RNC finance committee), at least one known associate that has flipped, with more indictments coming. The fact that his habitual payoffs over these relationships are likely leading back into his various criminal associations is rather telling.

Man, that is one tasty nothingburger.

Reactions: WelshBloke

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

...OK.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hayabusa - I was just making a general point about polygamy. I admit I do not have neither knowledge nor interest in this case, which seems another sleazy situation related to the vile creature. There are some creatures so vile that even talking about them feels dirty. Given that you are a knowledgeable person, I will take it what you have said about this case is true.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Hayabusa - I was just making a general point about polygamy. I admit I do not have neither knowledge nor interest in this case, which seems another sleazy situation related to the vile creature. There are some creatures so vile that even talking about them feels dirty. Given that you are a knowledgeable person, I will take it what you have said about this case is true.

Please do not put faith in me being accurate as everyone is capable of error, but I am honored if you use my points as a starting point for your own determination. Perhaps "Trust but verify" is a reasonable approach?

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Please do not put faith in me being accurate as everyone is capable of error, but I am honored if you use my points as a starting point for your own determination. Perhaps "Trust but verify" is a reasonable approach?

I have read your posts here for a very long time, from before the time you took a break from this forum, and you are one of the more thoughtful ones. Doesn't mean I always agree, but I appreciate that there is always a thought process and wisdom acquired from life experiences reflected in your words - as opposed to parroting tired old party lines which seems quite common on internet.

Yup, trust but verify, I agree. But for something like this, I honestly can't be bothered :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
But don't beliefs inform actions? Didn't every terrorist think about the act before committing it? In much the same way, every girl I had sex with I fantasized about first. I don't believe I ever said no to any girl that I fantasized about.... generally it was them saying no to me or me being to spineless to ask.....
I think beliefs inform actions. The question is, do fantasies inform actions. I am sure sometimes yes, but always? Say that it is a part of male human nature to have an eye our for potential sex. Does that make all men rapists. Is there some other male human nature that when pair bonded with a mate that wondering eye is still there but by the very same human nature mitigated. The survival potential for a genetically unique individual might benefit from multiple partners but in a social animal that very tendency may lead to death by other males. Speculation can go in many directions. Who then knows what is right.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
I think beliefs inform actions. The question is, do fantasies inform actions. I am sure sometimes yes, but always? Say that it is a part of male human nature to have an eye our for potential sex. Does that make all men rapists. Is there some other male human nature that when pair bonded with a mate that wondering eye is still there but by the very same human nature mitigated. The survival potential for a genetically unique individual might benefit from multiple partners but in a social animal that very tendency may lead to death by other males. Speculation can go in many directions. Who then knows what is right.

I am no anthropologist but I don't believe there was a concept of "ownership" of women by males, so maybe not so much of a threat by other males? But what I am thinking that it does not have to be about sex as such, or even anything physical. What about love itself? Is it such a confined entity that it has to be restricted to one person only? Is it not possible to love more than person? Can love be confined?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

I don't believe there is an objective right and that all the shit we are exercised about is completely meaningless in the larger context - there is no doubt whatsover that man will cause his own extinction, the only question is how and when. I believe there is a subjective right that is entirely based on your goals.

When civilization collapses, morality will inevitably shift towards predators. The humans who gather the most powerful tribe to murder and loot others for their food will survive and pass on their genes. Rapist men would most likely establish the new base. Natural selection doesn't give a shit about morality.

The thing about sexual fantasies, the fact that a man has them indicates that he would most likely sleep with different women if given the chance and if no ill consequences would follow. In my opinion, it is the lack of opportunity and fear of societal/mate consequence that keeps men in check. (Note, I am speaking of consensual sex here). Since I have been married (21 years), not a single female (that I found attractive) has expressed a sexual interest in me..... therefor I have never had to resist temptation.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What they have in common is that none of the acts were illegal. Special counsels are endless investigations looking for a crime. They nailed Bill Clinton for lying under oath, as perjury traps are intended to do. I suspect they'll catch Trump the same way. There are a trout line of perjury traps laying for testimony under oath.
The way these things are done should bug anyone, whether you're left or right.
In both cases the sex was legal. In Trump's case paying off the mistress just before the election is illegal.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am no anthropologist but I don't believe there was a concept of "ownership" of women by males, so maybe not so much of a threat by other males? But what I am thinking that it does not have to be about sex as such, or even anything physical. What about love itself? Is it such a confined entity that it has to be restricted to one person only? Is it not possible to love more than person? Can love be confined?
Perhaps you are associating love and sex. I don't.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Perhaps you are associating love and sex. I don't.

Actually I was trying to disassociate. What I meant to ask is it not possible to love more than one people - you can love someone without having sex with them, or even wanting to have sex with them. You could have a deep emotional connection without sex. And is there anything innate in a human being that confines that love to just one person?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't believe there is an objective right and that all the shit we are exercised about is completely meaningless in the larger context - there is no doubt whatsover that man will cause his own extinction, the only question is how and when. I believe there is a subjective right that is entirely based on your goals.

When civilization collapses, morality will inevitably shift towards predators. The humans who gather the most powerful tribe to murder and loot others for their food will survive and pass on their genes. Rapist men would most likely establish the new base. Natural selection doesn't give a shit about morality.

The thing about sexual fantasies, the fact that a man has them indicates that he would most likely sleep with different women if given the chance and if no ill consequences would follow. In my opinion, it is the lack of opportunity and fear of societal/mate consequence that keeps men in check. (Note, I am speaking of consensual sex here). Since I have been married (21 years), not a single female (that I found attractive) has expressed a sexual interest in me..... therefor I have never had to resist temptation.
My intention was to suggest less certainty in the factual reality of the stories we tell ourselves and from which our conclusions are drawn, which has seemingly lead you not to considering that but doubling down on stories. I surrender.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Actually I was trying to disassociate. What I meant to ask is it not possible to love more than one people - you can love someone without having sex with them, or even wanting to have sex with them. You could have a deep emotional connection without sex. And is there anything innate in a human being that confines that love to just one person?
Oh my Beloved, wherever I look it appears to be Thou!

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
My intention was to suggest less certainty in the factual reality of the stories we tell ourselves and from which our conclusions are drawn, which has seemingly lead you not to considering that but doubling down on stories. I surrender.

What can I say, I know what my dick is telling me and has been telling incessantly me since I was 12. Perhaps I am different than most men with this burdensome sex drive,

Last edited: