Ex-Miss Argentina Dies After Butt-Implant Surgery

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
that sucks
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jEtDi3wTgLJGg2dItM7nBWzNZ16QD9CA76RO0
http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...olange-Magnano-dead-at-37/UPI-14601259677700/
BUENOS AIRES, Dec. 1 (UPI) -- Former Miss Argentina Solange Magnano, a mother of two who ran her own modeling agency, has died from complications stemming from cosmetic surgery. She was 37.

CNN said the beauty queen, who was crowned Miss Argentina in 1994, died Sunday in a hospital after she underwent elective surgery on her buttocks at a clinic last Wednesday.
guess she should have left her butt natural
solange-magnano-picture_485x316.jpg

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
It's sad what vanity - whether her's or those who consume her as entertainment - drives people to do. It was an accident, but no one should ever need to have cosmetic surgery.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
It's sad what vanity - whether her's or those who consume her as entertainment - drives people to do. It was an accident, but no one should ever need to have cosmetic surgery.

No one should ever need cosmetic surgery? How about if their face is fucked up, or half their body is burned beyond recognition. I don't think her ass was worth dying over, however I think people should try to pursue the image that makes them happy.

Some things can be fixed by running on a treadmill, and some things can't.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
No one should ever need cosmetic surgery? How about if their face is fucked up, or half their body is burned beyond recognition. I don't think her ass was worth dying over, however I think people should try to pursue the image that makes them happy.

I distinguish between reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.

There is such a thing as vanity, and pursuit of beauty is an exemplar of it. You can chase it all you want, but I doubt anyone is really happy because it is something that never satisfies, and time will win in the end, anyway.

I'm not denying a person's right to pursue happiness, but I am saying that I am of the opinion that it is futile to pursue physical beauty when there are things in this world that fulfill the needs of others and have greater lasting value. Feel free to become a model or whatever, but I doubt anyone is truly satisfied for long taking that route.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I don't know if argentina is like brasil, but booties are revered in brasil like hooters are in the US.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I distinguish between reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.

There is such a thing as vanity, and pursuit of beauty is an exemplar of it. You can chase it all you want, but I doubt anyone is really happy because it is something that never satisfies, and time will win in the end, anyway.

I'm not denying a person's right to pursue happiness, but I am saying that I am of the opinion that it is futile to pursue physical beauty when there are things in this world that fulfill the needs of others and have greater lasting value. Feel free to become a model or whatever, but I doubt anyone is truly satisfied for long taking that route.

so basically ... you are ugly.

:p

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
talk about having a killer ass. if she wasn't so anal, none of this would've happened. this will not sit well with her family. this news will bum them out for awhile. :(

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
talk about having a killer ass. if she wasn't so anal, none of this would've happened. this will not sit well with her family. this news will bum them out for awhile. :(
I see what you did there... :sneaky:

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
http://wellness.blogs.time.com/2009/12/01/beauty-queen-dies-after-plastic-surgery/

Former Miss Argentina Solange Magnano died Sunday from complications arising during a gluteoplasty—or bum lift. A friend of the former beauty queen told the Associated Press that liquid injected during the procedure had somehow traveled to her lungs and brain. After three days in critical care in a Buenos Aires hospital, Magnano ultimately died of a pulmonary embolism, or blocked artery in the lung.
Didn't Kanye West mom die because of cosmetic surgery? D:

She should have tried this product... but I guess vanity does kill.

52218.jpg

Last edited:

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000

Honestly all she needed was to start doing squats, that would have lifted her butt up nicely.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003

I think there is a huge difference between the need cosmetic surgery like you described and butt surgery.

pcnerd37

Sep 20, 2004
It amazes me the risks that some people are willing to take just to make themselves look better. People have known for thousands of years that vanity is a bad thing but it seems nobody has learned from that. I hope that somebody will learn from this and think twice before risking their life just to have a nicer ass or bigger breasts or whatever. Natural is the best look anyway!