Ex-head of China's State Food and Drug Administration executed

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
Mike Brown former head of FEMA during Katrina just woke up in a cold sweat and asked his wife, "Honey, we're not Chinese, right?"

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Kaido
Originally posted by: caivoma
wtf? there isnt a link?

Yikes :Q

but, his actions led to 10 deaths within China, so...death penalty?

Thanks.

Look like there are other problems with food and other products that contribute to that. Or he just took all the blame o_O.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: alrocky
Mike Brown former head of FEMA during Katrina just woke up in a cold sweat and asked his wife, "Honey, we're not Chinese, right?"

Then he went outside to the pasture and hugged his horses.

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
I think this is one thing we could learn from China. It doesn't seem like corruption in government officials is taken that seriously in the US. IMHO, corruption should be considered treason and punishable as such. We entrust our safety to these people and we basically give them control over our lives. To me, that's a Big Deal. If they betray us, they should get more than 8 measily years.

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: flashbacck
I think this is one thing we could learn from China. It doesn't seem like corruption in government officials is taken that seriously in the US. IMHO, corruption should be considered treason and punishable as such. We entrust our safety to these people and we basically give them control over our lives. To me, that's a Big Deal. If they betray us, they should get more than 8 measily years.

and served in a minimum security prison aka country club.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Corruption is so bad in China that they feel the need to make examples. Unfortunate for him I suppose. But honestly Food and especially Drug is one of the last things that should be messed with.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Heard another story: a bridge somewhere in China collapsed causing cars tumbling down below. The Chinese gov executed the main Architect/Project head of the bridge!!

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004

Couldn't agree more. You are taking a VERY well paid position that offers lots of perks. If you screw us with this power you should be treated as a traitor to your own country and punished accordingly. We do not punish corrupt leaders often enough or with appropriate punishments. IMHO

Not sure I agree with Death penalty in all situations, but it would not hurt to keep it as an option.

Mucho

Oct 20, 2001
Looks like someone had to take the fall for problems that are primarily systemic.

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

i dont think Bush is Xed any time soon.... :(

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

0/10

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Yeah! You notice how executive and execute start the same? :) I bet if there was a death penalty for failure, CEO's and politicians would do a much better job heheheh

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett

0/10

China executed the former head of its State Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.
Former administration director Zheng Xiaoyu was originally scheduled to die on Wednesday, but he appealed his case saying he shouldn't die on Wednesday and the judge agreed moved it one day earlier to Tuesday. :evil::p

deepred98

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005

are you serious?

china has probably one of the worst case of corruption and though they are definitely moving in the right direction they are only doing so due to international pressure. this guy is nothing more than a scapegoat and his death means only means somthing symbolically.

i agree with your position that corruption should have harsher punishments in the US but following china's lead in this matter is a step backwords

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
I heard about this on NPR a few days ago and was rather suprised. China needs all thre credibility it can get though with the latest raft of problems it has had.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Yeah! You notice how executive and execute start the same? :) I bet if there was a death penalty for failure, CEO's and politicians would do a much better job heheheh

uh, do you think anyone would want to be a CEO or politician?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Either he gets executed for accepting the nationwide bribery and corruption, or realistically he probably gets murdered for not accepting it.

Nice place.