Ex-GOP says this is why Repubs are mindless zealots backing Trump

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
That attitude worked perfectly in 2016 didn't it? I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for Warren but I have my concerns. If that doesn't pass the loyalty test so be it.

You do understand it was your attitude that got us trump right? Or are you of the opinion it was the people who were willing to vote for anyone but trump that cost us the election?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That attitude worked perfectly in 2016 didn't it? I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for Warren but I have my concerns. If that doesn't pass the loyalty test so be it.

Attitudes like yours enabled Trump. Your double standard is showing. Some might call it concern trolling.

Reactions: ivwshane

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Attitudes like yours enabled Trump. Your double standard is showing. Some might call it concern trolling.

You would of course. Where are the posts where I supported Benghazi? That people should vote for Trump?

Nothing like that exists. Where did I say that Warren is absolutely taboo and no one could vote for her? Maybe that I like Pete makes me someone who enables Trump because Pete is gay?

This is the second strawman attempt, baseless charges without factual basis, which is what the Republicans are doing to the Dems. Now you may continue to make outrageous attacks, outrageous because you have no basis in fact to them, and you might get away with it.

We shall see how you fare as time goes on.

Nov 8, 2012
Get used to the "If you're not for us 100% then you're against us" argument from nutter-lefties here. It's typical and quite sad.

If you do so much as support Tulsi or Pete - then you have veered off-course and are secretly a Trump supporter and a dumbass victim of Russian trolling.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Get used to the "If you're not for us 100% then you're against us" argument from nutter-lefties here. It's typical and quite sad.

If you do so much as support Tulsi or Pete - then you have veered off-course and are secretly a Trump supporter and a dumbass victim of Russian trolling.

Oh please, don't act like the same but worse hasn't happened with the Republicans.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You would of course. Where are the posts where I supported Benghazi? That people should vote for Trump?

Nothing like that exists. Where did I say that Warren is absolutely taboo and no one could vote for her? Maybe that I like Pete makes me someone who enables Trump because Pete is gay?

This is the second strawman attempt, baseless charges without factual basis, which is what the Republicans are doing to the Dems. Now you may continue to make outrageous attacks, outrageous because you have no basis in fact to them, and you might get away with it.

We shall see how you fare as time goes on.

Heh. I believe you just introduced several straw man arguments. Benghazi? Really?
But, go ahead, use the picayune to erode the credibility of any Dem candidate you want when the adversary is the goddamndest liar & charlatan who ever occupied the oval office. If the eventual nominee can be torn down enough, like 2016, Trump just might be able to win again.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Heh. I believe you just introduced several straw man arguments. Benghazi? Really?
But, go ahead, use the picayune to erode the credibility of any Dem candidate you want when the adversary is the goddamndest liar & charlatan who ever occupied the oval office. If the eventual nominee can be torn down enough, like 2016, Trump just might be able to win again.

Again accusations without facts. Anyone who has any concern at all, even if it's minor then you attack. Another strawman on your part. If you notice I haven't supported Trump and if my post is enough to tear down a candidate, then we are screwed.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Again accusations without facts. Anyone who has any concern at all, even if it's minor then you attack. Another strawman on your part. If you notice I haven't supported Trump and if my post is enough to tear down a candidate, then we are screwed.

Sounds like we are screwed then because there doesn’t seem to be a flaw that’s too small for you to complain about.

I’ll ask again; what are the negative consequences to the “lie” warren told? Exactly why is it relevant to anyone?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Here is a lie from:

Sanders

I guess he’s note disqualified.

Biden

He’s now disqualified.

Pete

Bye Pete.

Amy

I guess she’s gone now too.

So who will you be supporting now Hayabusa?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Here is a lie from:

Sanders

Biden

He’s now disqualified.

Pete

Bye Pete.

Amy

Where is that immaculate candidate?

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I have no idea. I guess democrats are going to force me to vote for trump again!

/eye roll

Conform or be cast out, eh?

My apologies and everyone listen up. Don't question, don't think or you are going to force this guy to vote for Trump. :D

If you want to be like Trump, so be it. Attack your allies if they disagree with you the least bit. Turn Trump opponents against each other if they don't toe your line if you wish.

In the end you will do what is in your nature, I'm going to vote for a Dem, oppose Trump and you can hate me all you want. You vote for Trump to spite people like me.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Here is a lie from:

Sanders

Biden

He’s now disqualified.

Pete

Bye Pete.

Amy

I support a white coat which ties in the back just for you. :D

Find where I said people shouldn't vote for Warren. I said she's an attractive option but she needs to be careful as all candidates.

I'm still considering Warren like I've already said and I'm weighing her against Pete and like Republicans you can't provide anything material in your accusations.

Now man up and show where I trashed Warren besides a minor concern that you've blown up. Which candidate do I have serious issue with, not according you what you wish I had said, but quotes and good friggin luck.

The only candidate I have serious doubt about is Biden, not because he's dirty as some wish I would say, but because he hasn't a grip on America as it is today and shows signs of mental aging.

If you want to take issue with the facts as I have said them, produce the quotes and we'll discuss them. Otherwise you can and go the fact free route of attack which seems egregious, but that's a mod call.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I support a white coat which ties in the back just for you. :D

Find where I said people shouldn't vote for Warren. I said she's an attractive option but she needs to be careful as all candidates.

I'm still considering Warren like I've already said and I'm weighing her against Pete and like Republicans you can't provide anything material in your accusations.

Now man up and show where I trashed Warren besides a minor concern that you've blown up. Which candidate do I have serious issue with, not according you what you wish I had said, but quotes and good friggin luck.

The only candidate I have serious doubt about is Biden, not because he's dirty as some wish I would say, but because he hasn't a grip on America as it is today and shows signs of mental aging.

If you want to take issue with the facts as I have said them, produce the quotes and we'll discuss them. Otherwise you can and go the fact free route of attack which seems egregious, but that's a mod call.

No, what you did is set up expectations that are unobtainable by most humans let alone a person who wants to represent Americans.

I’ve explained this multiple times to you and you simply don’t get it.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
No, what you did is set up expectations that are unobtainable by most humans let alone a person who wants to represent Americans.

I’ve explained this multiple times to you and you simply don’t get it.

Be more careful about what you say is unobtainable by most humans. Ok, I got it.

That's what I asked for.

Adios.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
So Bernie may have oversold M4A...

do you seriously doubt all of the evidence form various sources that indicate that people do worse under the U.S. for profit insurance system that claims to provide health care (sometime it does if they can't find a reason to deny the care) than citizens of countries that have some version of Universal Health care (which by the way is just about every other wealthy first world country...)? just asking

Not to mention the recent study that working age people in the U.S. have seen their life expectancy fall (yes the reasons for that go beyond health care but I'll still argue that for profit health care is a factor)